Missing arrows on Vivid stock keyboard?

Dana7878

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
My apologies if this has been asked a million times before. I am new to these boards.

I had an HTC Inspire for about 2 years (I believe it ran on FROYO), and I loved the stock keyboard, which included the up, down, right, and left arrows at the bottom.

I recently upgraded to the HTC Vivid (ICS) and it seems the stock keyboard on that phone does not have the arrow keys, only the green bubble which I hate. I have searched high and low for a third-party keyboard but the only one that even came close was the hacker keyboard, but the keys on the 5-line layout were so tiny it wasn't worth it, so I uninstalled.

Am I missing somethig? Is there a way to get my "old" keyboard again without having to install a 3rd party app? If not, is there an app out there which is similar-looking to my old one without all the extra crap? I just want my arrow keys back! :'(

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
1) You could just screenshot your Vivid with Power + Volume Down for 2-3 seconds. 2) They removed it because they felt it looked neater.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

cougmeister

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
If you are up to rooting your device, you should check out wcxxperia-nce.com The dev over there (WildChild) is great, and his Rom comes with the arrows keyboard that you like.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Dana7878

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Or you could do like me and use an alternate keyboard. I use SwiftKey 3 and it has the option to enable the arrows in the settings.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

Reactions: Dana7878

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I gotta agree with Zerorilix. SwiftKey is the best keyboard on the planet. If you don't have it, get it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Or you could get the Jellybean keyboard ported to your phone, like I do! ;)

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez