Accidentally poked speaker hole with sim pin

Alex Goft

Nov 30, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
I just bought my new mate 20 pro and i love it.
But the problem is - when I've tried to take out the sim tray using the sim pin, that was in the phone's box, i accidentally poked the speaker hole, which is about a centimeter away from the sim hole.

Did i cause any damage to the speaker?

Thanks1810_huaweimate20pro_vsavov7.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Probably? Depends on how far you went. No easy way to tell unless you open up the device, inspect the mic phone (I don't think that's a speaker) or test it out with audio/recording.

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
If all the phones functions work correctly including the speaker and microphone, then you probably got away with it. Does it not say in your user manual what the hole is for? It's an unusual place for it to be the speaker.

Apparently it's a microphone.
On fixit I found a tech guy that disassembled the mate 20 pro.
It seems that the microphone cannot be reached from the hole since it sits on top of a little motherboard and is also protected by a gasket the is perpendicular to the hole. So, it seems that the pin only reaches the plastic of the mid frame.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
If all the phones functions work correctly including the speaker and microphone, then you probably got away with it. Does it not say in your user manual what the hole is for? It's an unusual place for it to be the speaker.

Apparently it's a microphone.
On fixit I found a tech guy that disassembled the mate 20 pro.
It seems that the microphone cannot be reached from the hole since it sits on top of a little motherboard and is also protected by a gasket the is perpendicular to the hole. So, it seems that the pin only reaches the plastic of the mid frame.
This. :)

Hi,
But the problem is - when I've tried to take out the sim tray using the sim pin, that was in the phone's box, i accidentally poked the speaker hole, which is about a centimeter away from the sim hole.

ThanksView attachment 294838

That is one of the Mate 20 Pro’s 3 microphones, there is 2 of them at the bottom and 1 at the top.

I think manufacturers like Huawei are prepared for mistakes like, which goes with what Kodak2 posted above.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

ThanksView attachment 294838

LOL I did that with my essential phone bc it had the same design and I didn't do any damage. I think worst case scenario you did damage to the water resistance. Look for a teardown on YouTube. Hopefully Jerry rig will do one so you can see the inner workings of the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38