Will no proper Google Services keep you away?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's a tough up hill battle to take on Google , many tried in the past , Samsung,windows ect and all failed . Huawei have to spend a lot of money and time and even that's not guaranteed.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
This phone looks solid i really wish it had google service. If the mate 30 pro was a bit cheaper i'm willing to try and side load their google service. Still a bit steep for me for testing. Gonna hang on to my P30 pro until things get resolved and hopefully by then it will cheaper to buy outright.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
It goes like this for me... Anything above 1K and curved displays quickly ends my interests period (any brand). As for lacking Google Services, yeah that could definitely play part in my decision making as to whether we'd purchased or not. Love my P20 & Pro, mostly for the cameras, but both were considerable less than a grand too. With most flagships devices now exceeding that figure (CAD) who knows what we'll end up with next when that time comes.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
It's a tough up hill battle to take on Google , many tried in the past , Samsung,windows ect and all failed . Huawei have to spend a lot of money and time and even that's not guaranteed.

Samsung’s threat to go it alone did kinda force Google to make some changes. So Samsung may not have had all the changes to Android that it wanted, but in the end it was a compromise.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung’s threat to go it alone did kinda force Google to make some changes. So Samsung may not have had all the changes to Android that it wanted, but in the end it was a compromise.
You mean when they tried to use tizen?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Great thread topic!

I'll definitely still give it a look... But I don't think I'll buy Huawei products until this situation with Google is resolved. I love Huawei/Honor and their products... But this is too much uncertainty for me. I wish them all the best though. If anyone can combat Google's OS, it's Huawei.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
If its really easy to sideboard google play store and Google apps then I wouldn't mind getting it

The pricing in China is a lot cheaper than in Europe. Unlocked China version that can support my carrier's lte bands, I might take the plunge.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm all for the underdog and I've been team Huawei for quite a few years now but I won't be upgrading my Mate 20 Pro to another of theirs until the mess is sorted out or their own take on the OS is proven and mature. I compromised with Windows phones for years too as that evolved then died a long and horrible death in the end so I'm in no hurry to go through that again for the sake of a phone. I'll watch and wait and keep trying different devices for now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm all for the underdog and I've been team Huawei for quite a few years now but I won't be upgrading my Mate 20 Pro to another of theirs until the mess is sorted out or their own take on the OS is proven and mature. I compromised with Windows phones for years too as that evolved then died a long and horrible death in the end so I'm in no hurry to go through that again for the sake of a phone. I'll watch and wait and keep trying different devices for now.
Don't blame you , making your own OS and app store for the mass is not easy , Samsung has their own app store and still can't take Google out the picture. They need Google bottom line .

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Why couldn't we just sideload Google Services and the Play store just like we do for devices such as Amazon Fire tablets? I did it and it works perfectly.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Why couldn't we just sideload Google Services and the Play store just like we do for devices such as Amazon Fire tablets? I did it and it works perfectly.

You probably could. Unless there is some kind of Play services framework that can check the device?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2