SMS sounds

han891

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi I just got my Mate 9 and it's an awesome phone. The only thing I cant seem to do is change SMS sounds for each contact. Is there a way to do this? If not can someone recommend a good SMS messenger replacement? Thanks

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Go into the contact, select the contact you want to change, click "add another field" click "phone ringtone" and select the on you want.

If its contacts imported through exchange services you cannot do this as exchange controls the contact data.

han891

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I can setup a ringtone when someone calls but how do you set up a text tone for each contact. I like to have different text tones so I know who is texting me. Thanks

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I can setup a ringtone when someone calls but how do you set up a text tone for each contact. I like to have different text tones so I know who is texting me. Thanks

Follow the instructions I posted above.

Open the contact you want to change the tone for, hit edit at the bottom, click "add another field" click "phone ringtone" and select the tone you want.

han891

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi that serves as both the phone ringtone and the text ringtone? Hmm interesting. Sorry I'm coming from an Iphone where I had the option to set each one separately.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi that serves as both the phone ringtone and the text ringtone? Hmm interesting. Sorry I'm coming from an Iphone where I had the option to set each one separately.

Ahhh, didnt see the text part, sorry (Havent had enough coffee yet). I use Textra for sms and I think in there you can do it. Not sure about the stock sms app.