Absolutely no Huawei repair avaliable in the US

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a small crack on my Mate 9 screen and it appears that there is no US based service center for Huawei in the United States. Tried local repair shops and nobody can get an OEM Huawei mate 9 screen. It's a pretty small crack so I guess I'll keep it for a backup phone or justify see what I can get for it on ebay. The lack of support from Huawei in the US is terrible. Makes me think twice about ever buying a Huawei device of any kind in the US again.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a small crack on my Mate 9 screen and it appears that there is no US based service center for Huawei in the United States. Tried local repair shops and nobody can get an OEM Huawei mate 9 screen. It's a pretty small crack so I guess I'll keep it for a backup phone or justify see what I can get for it on ebay. The lack of support from Huawei in the US is terrible. Makes me think twice about ever buying a Huawei device of any kind in the US again.

Can't you send it in to them to repair it?

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I broke my screen last week. Local repair shop charged me $80 to fix the screen with a black screen and $90 with a white, not OEM though.

I contacted Huawei and they charged me $98 plus tax and shipping, came out to $113. I shipped my phone to them on Friday to their repair center in Texas.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I called Huawei/honor about a warranty repair for my honor 8 last year.
They sent a shipping label overnight.
Put the phone in the provided padded envelope applied the label and sent it to Texas on a Tuesday.
I had the phone back Friday morning repaired.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Huawei has small market share in the US, it's a foreign phone, will be harder to find parts and support for just like a foreign car. Smaller repair shops focus on Samsung and iPhone. I've seen issues getting parts for Motorola phones, and shops that refused to work on HTC phones locally.

As others have already said, contact Haewei themselves, it seems like they can get it fixed for you.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I broke my screen last week. Local repair shop charged me $80 to fix the screen with a black screen and $90 with a white, not OEM though.

I contacted Huawei and they charged me $98 plus tax and shipping, came out to $113. I shipped my phone to them on Friday to their repair center in Texas.

Thanks, that's good to know there is a stateside repair center. I did call Huawei and explained I wanted to have my Mate 9 screen replaced because I dropped it, I also asked about the price and was told $115, no problem, but the person I talked too said that I would have to wait for an email from them, give them payment information, then send pictures of the screen, and pictures of the back of the phone and pictures of the IMEI. Then after that they would tell me how to go about getting it repaired. Something about all the emailing pictures and giving them a credit card number before even being told how to go about getting it repaired seemed a little weird for an OEM. Maybe it was just a language barrier because the person I spoke to was extremely hard to understand and didn't seem to understand a few questions I asked. I'll try calling them again and start over.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, that's good to know there is a stateside repair center. I did call Huawei and explained I wanted to have my Mate 9 screen replaced because I dropped it, I also asked about the price and was told $115, no problem, but the person I talked too said that I would have to wait for an email from them, give them payment information, then send pictures of the screen, and pictures of the back of the phone and pictures of the IMEI. Then after that they would tell me how to go about getting it repaired. Something about all the emailing pictures and giving them a credit card number before even being told how to go about getting it repaired seemed a little weird for an OEM. Maybe it was just a language barrier because the person I spoke to was extremely hard to understand and didn't seem to understand a few questions I asked. I'll try calling them again and start over.

Yeah, I went through all that process. I had to pay for the repair first, credit card or paypal, then emailed them a screenshot of the payment along with the pictures and EMEI. About an hour after sending the pictures, they expect you to call them and verify your address and other information over the phone and then they'll send you your 2 day shipping label.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana