Android Pie. Android pie.

SeanJamesWright

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Why the mate 20 first? Isn't that an older device? New ones get it first don't they.

The Mate 20 isn't released yet. Huawei are holding the launch event on October 16th in London and will be available a couple weeks later or so. It will come with Android Pie out of the box, the P20 series will probably get the update in the new year sometime.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
The Mate 20 isn't released yet. Huawei are holding the launch event on October 16th in London and will be available a couple weeks later or so. It will come with Android Pie out of the box, the P20 series will probably get the update in the new year sometime.

Thanks. I was getting confused with the mate 10.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I got the beta. You can enter Huawei beta program if you want it before official release.

Tried, couldn't get it. Kept saying I had to have Huawei Mobile Services installed. When I tried to search for it, it said it wasn't comparable with my P20 Pro.

DotsFar

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
Ok, yes, it asked me to make a Huawei account which I previously didn't want to do, but I accepted to get in the Beta program :)

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android Pie. Android pie.

Ok, yes, it asked me to make a Huawei account which I previously didn't want to do, but I accepted to get in the Beta program :)

It's an endless cycle. Even if I find an apk for Mobile Services on the net and install it, the beta still says Mobile Services has been disabled.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Finally got the beta app working and now it says the Pie Beta isn't available to me in my area. I guess it's back to the waiting game for the official.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Not holding my breath. The bottom of this site https://www.slashgear.com/huawei-honor-phones-getting-emui-9-0-with-android-pie-this-week-06552804/ says "That’s 9 for Android/EMUI 9. Of course, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro already launched with Android 9, so it’s not on this list. The catch to this good news is that the rollout is only guaranteed for China models so far. No word yet when it will hit global markets."

Surely it won't be to long now until it's released globally seems China have it?

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Surely it won't be to long now until it's released globally seems China have it?

Depends on where on the planet you are. I'd be surprised to see it in North America before the beginning of December. Hopefully I'm wrong but don't forget, the P20 and Pro wasn't even officially available in the US so I doubt there will be a big rush to get it to Canada where it was official, not to mention the US where it wasn't.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Depends on where on the planet you are. I'd be surprised to see it in North America before the beginning of December. Hopefully I'm wrong but don't forget, the P20 and Pro wasn't even officially available in the US so I doubt there will be a big rush to get it to Canada where it was official, not to mention the US where it wasn't.

I live in the UK where it's official & was advertised everywhere 😂