Keep YouTube app disabled? It keeps re-enabling.

muggii

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
I just don't want any apps that I don't use. I already have problems with the battery, so I want all apps I don't use uninstalled.
And then I got obsessed over that I couldn't decide what I want on my phone.
It shouldn't be possible for the YouTube app to keeps enabling itself.
I'm using another alternative for YouTube, so I don't need the app.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I just don't want any apps that I don't use. I already have problems with the battery, so I want all apps I don't use uninstalled.
And then I got obsessed over that I couldn't decide what I want on my phone.
It shouldn't be possible for the YouTube app to keeps enabling itself.
I'm using another alternative for YouTube, so I don't need the app.
It would be best to use the adb uninstall option I mentioned earlier.

Here's a link describing how to.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/uninstall-system-apps-without-root-android/

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, an installed, enabled, but not used, app doesn't use battery.

Second, rooting the phone enables you to freeze or uninstall any app. (It allows you to uninstall Android itself, so don't just fool around with it.) See https://www.skyneel.com/root-huawei-p20 for instructions - but I'd use Magisk, rather than SuperSU. Magisk is systemless, which means that if you flash the normal boot.img file, the phone is unrooted, and back to normal. (You can get a boot.img, to modify to install Magisk, out of any Huawei update zip, or you can just flash Magisk itself from TWRP [just install it].)

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
go through the app information and turn off all the options. allow background activity, background data usage, uninstall updates, disable, force stop, and turn off notifications. For some reason, turning off notifications is required for some apps to not update as the play store still recognizes that it should update. I've seen it multiple times.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
go through the app information and turn off all the options. allow background activity, background data usage, uninstall updates, disable, force stop, and turn off notifications. For some reason, turning off notifications is required for some apps to not update as the play store still recognizes that it should update. I've seen it multiple times.
Hopefully that works , i was thinking deny permission, and not allowing background activity didn't think about notifications .

muggii

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
I have actually tried everything and nothing works and I'm afraid to root the phone i have never tried it before, so i think I'll just keep the app even though i don't use the app.

But I have a question if anyone can help me. I'm gonna send my phone to get the battery changes but I have to make backup of all my apps and data, can I do that with some program like iTunes?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have actually tried everything and nothing works and I'm afraid to root the phone i have never tried it before, so i think I'll just keep the app even though i don't use the app.

But I have a question if anyone can help me. I'm gonna send my phone to get the battery changes but I have to make backup of all my apps and data, can I do that with some program like iTunes?
should have Huawei cloud back up on the phone?

Last edited:

Elky64

Dec 24, 2019
Visit site
I had the same problem, I think it was caused by the Huawei app store, since I disabled it youtube seems to stay deactivated.

It's not Huawei nor their app store...

I have a similar problem for the past couple of months or more but it's related to Chrome and Duo, they keep re-enabling themselves. To-date occurring on my P20 & Pro, Moto G7, and G8X ThinQ, not an issue on my Pixel 2 XL. And "Auto-update apps" on all devices is set to "Don't auto-update apps".

Over the course of time what I've noticed is "Android System WebView" appears to be playing a role in this because every time it gets updated at some point so does Chrome and Duo. So I've tried not updating WebView and/or disabling. Nope does not work nor has the several updates WebView has gotten done any good.

The most frustration part, all three of these apps have a mind of their own updating at will and whenever even though I've requested don't auto-update apps. Read where others are having similar problems too and from my gathering, this is only related to Google's apps.

BTW... Factory reset my P20 Pro a week ago as a new device (no backup and first time in two years), nada same problem. Also tried multiple suggestions on all my devices and they too did nothing to fix issue. Not planning digging any deeper as shouldn't have too since all was fine for many moons prior, just hoping a fix comes along at some point to rid those of us affected of this annoyance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana