Phantom Skinz for Droid Incredible

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Man, I bet the whole body skin is going to be a PITA for the back since it has all those curves and elevated battery cover area. I think the front skin is going to be good enough for me...

stanfna#AC

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I have used these on all my phones. they are great!!! I don't use them to prevent scratches. they are awesome at reducing smudges on the screen. the screen wipes clean MUCH easier with these installed. the scratch protection is a bonus! :D

I will definitely be putting one on the screen...but probably not on the battery door...because as @nickacs stated...that looks to be a huge PITA!!!!

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
how does phantom skinz compare to ghost-armor? i have a ghost-armor on my droid right now. I like the feel. But it said that microbubbles were going to be gone within 24-48 hours. well its been 4 days since i put it on and there are still some microbubbles. They seem to be going away, but still if they say something they should stand by it.

stanfna#AC

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
how does phantom skinz compare to ghost-armor? i have a ghost-armor on my droid right now. I like the feel. But it said that microbubbles were going to be gone within 24-48 hours. well its been 4 days since i put it on and there are still some microbubbles. They seem to be going away, but still if they say something they should stand by it.

they are very similar. both are superior to ZAGG in my opinion. the film on PS and GA are very similar. the biggest difference i noticed was in the way each company cut the patterns. the PS just seemed eaiser to install. and PS includes multiple screen protectors (in case you mess up the install). the second one comes in handy if you ever have to swap your phone out under warranty...or if you actually did get a scratch in it.

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
they are very similar. both are superior to ZAGG in my opinion. the film on PS and GA are very similar. the biggest difference i noticed was in the way each company cut the patterns. the PS just seemed eaiser to install. and PS includes multiple screen protectors (in case you mess up the install). the second one comes in handy if you ever have to swap your phone out under warranty...or if you actually did get a scratch in it.

Wow thats nice! i think ill have to look into Phantom skins when i get my incredible.

TritonB7

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about that one, I tried looking on their site but couldn't really find anymore pictures. I'll send this forum thread to phantom skinz and maybe they can post on here and answer some questions.

TritonB7

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Man, I bet the whole body skin is going to be a PITA for the back since it has all those curves and elevated battery cover area. I think the front skin is going to be good enough for me...

I ordered two full body kits, I can post pictures of them when they come in if you guys want. I am also curious about how it will fit and work out considering the back of the phone has so many curves.

stanfna#AC

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
use CODE "spring25" on the Phanton Skins Website to get 25% off. I just ordered mine and it was only $7.46 for 2 great quality skins. Awesome!!!

mecoolai

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Matte Finish

I just installed the matte finished PhantomSkinz just right now.

Pros:
Less oily marks
Easy to apply
Easier to use multi-touch rather than the Zagg skin

Cons:
Text visibility is diminished
Scrolling using finger is not as smooth as I would like it to be

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the matte finished PhantomSkinz just right now.

Pros:
Less oily marks
Easy to apply
Easier to use multi-touch rather than the Zagg skin

Cons:
Text visibility is diminished
Scrolling using finger is not as smooth as I would like it to be

Shoot man, i absolutely HATED the matte finish. I returned that stuff in the mail today. I thought the matte finish was gonna be for the rest of the phone not the screen. It made the screen look horrible. Im going back to Ghost-Armor.

mecoolai

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I'm really not happy with screen visibility with the matte finish for phantomskinz. Especially so when you are reading tiny text, it seems as though you're trying to read through glasses you haven't cleaned in 5 years...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any pics of the matte finish on yours? I've been contemplating getting them, but not too sure how I'll like a skin vs a case, and the difficulty of putting them on and making it look good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress