Bootloader problems.

bobbyyyu

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
so im new to the root world,just rooted yesterday, and am trying to get a new bootloader,a nice looking mario one to be specific, but anyways... every attempt to change it DOES NOT work. believe me,im doing every step perfectly, the whole data/local or system/media thing.no hope at all. Any ideas? do i have to unlock my bootloader or something? and if so how...

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can run this -
public:forever [RootWiki]
Just make sure your radio is one of the listed radios in the instructions. If it's not listed then do not run it!!! Check under menu -> Settings -> About phone -> Baseband version

Also check to see if you have super user installed on your phone. It will show up as an app.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Omg thank you so much! Btw your activity on this forum is so active? do u like work at this site or something?

I am a site Adviser, but I don't "work" for the site in the traditional sense of being paid. I just enjoy sharing and helping others with their phones.

damn..i had the exact same problem but my radio number isnt supported :( any suggestions? also rooted on unrevoked...

abs1234 - It might or might not work with the Gingerbread radio. I don't know for sure. I have not tried it. But if you want S-OFF for sure I would downgrade to Froyo and then re-root. Then you will definitely have S-OFF.

If you try it, let us know if it works or not.