Unable to unroot

xhunter187

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please help me out. Still a bit of a newbie as I am coming from Blackberry. I manually updated to the official Verizon 2.2 and rooted my Dinc. I didn't install any custom Roms or anything like that. I held off on the maintenance update but now that I want to do the OTA update is says it will reboot to install but never does and can't update manually either. Searched the forum and YouTube on how to unroot or update to unroot but nothing has worked. I even tried doing a factory restore as well but to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

DDRNemesis

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to unroot if you have already applied the new OTA? If I try and use your method above I get this: Main Version is older! Update fail!

IanAck123

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
i am looking to do this. if i follow your directions above i should be fine right? i already rooted my november OTA. looking to go back to stock. hboot says s-off.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone want to post a clear, step-by-step guide to unrooting? I want to root my Dinc, but want to make sure I'm totally clear on how to go back to stock first (plus, the unrevoked web site seems to be down, so I have some waiting to do).

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone want to post a clear, step-by-step guide to unrooting? I want to root my Dinc, but want to make sure I'm totally clear on how to go back to stock first (plus, the unrevoked web site seems to be down, so I have some waiting to do).

just do what i posted ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ its simple download the file put on ur root of ur sd card load hboot u need s-off.. then download the other file

Reactions: Xterror

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
But...

If you do the "stock" with s-off, you're still s-off. And then you can't get s-on with the stock hboot. So that wouldn't work for send ins or whatever....

Somehow I got s-on, and then ran the ruu over the current stock...which worked somehow.... I got the file at dougpiston.com I am not totally sure if its back to completely unrooted stock thought.

ringercord

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Put this on the root of your sd card PB31IMG.zip load up hboot . Then http://android.clients.google.com/p...on_WWE_3.21.605.1_1.22.605.2_release_sign.zip name this file update.zip . Reboot into hboot, select recovery. Now the screen will have a funny picture, press the volume up key and power button. Now select 'run update.zip
I did exactly what you said in your unrooting instructions and am worried I just "bricked my Phone". I get a white triangle with an exlamation point inside and a little green guys underneath.

Any thoughts???

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you done anything that can't be fixed tho.lm just still learning to tho but the instructions that are posted I have seen same ones in other threads. I would wait for an answer from forum.

sent using TaPaTaLk

dougpiston

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Was just searching the android world and came across this thread. The PB31IMG in the OP is a 1.xx radio and .79 hboot. This is not a good plan for Slcd devices. To correctly unroot with s-on you can go here: How to unroot the Incredible. | doug piston

This way works on both devices and you'll have up-to-date software. (Meaning the 3.26 build)

Sorry to butt in but saving one person of the pita that downgrading that far on a slcd is worth it.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Was just searching the android world and came across this thread. The PB31IMG in the OP is a 1.xx radio and .79 hboot. This is not a good plan for Slcd devices. To correctly unroot with s-on you can go here: How to unroot the Incredible. | doug piston

This way works on both devices and you'll have up-to-date software. (Meaning the 3.26 build)

Sorry to butt in but saving one person of the pita that downgrading that far on a slcd is worth it.

you can butt in all you want man as long as your helping

Reactions: xhunter187

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89