Need help and no time to dig

CellJrod

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to unroot my Incredible so I can take it in for warranty and when it went to reboot the screen went totally black and will do nothing, HELP PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

CellJrod

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I think I read somewhere that this has happened before and that it boots into recovery, you just can't see the screen, can anyone confirm or give me an idea of how to fix this?

CellJrod

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I put the downgrade zip on the root of my sd card, ran through the updates in recovery and it went totally black when i selected reboot

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you have access to a PC Try this.

Go to:

Inc. Stock Images | doug piston

and download the RUU. This is the Stock VZW Froyo load. Read all the instructions (a read me button is available after you launch the program) and connect your phone to the PC as directed.

This should take you back to stock as painlessly as possible.

Reactions: CellJrod

CellJrod

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible that my battery completely drained somehow and that's why it isn't working? If so, being that I have nothing, if I plug it in to charge, will it still charge the battery?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Try this...

Let’s say that fails. You get some USB error which is more common then most would like, you will have to try and flash the PB31IMG through Hboot. You will have to do this blindly as Hboot, like the rest of the device, won’t be visible. To do this download the file below and rename to PB31IMG.(Sd card must be formatted to Fat32). Then move the file to your SD card. Boot into hboot by powering up while holding the volume down button. Wait about 2-3 minutes and proceed volume+. Wait about another 5-10 minutes and press the volume+ one more time. Phone should show a display again and be back to life.

PB31IMG: http://dougpiston.com/files/RUU/bui...and-2.15.00.07.28-hboot-0.92.0000_PB31IMG.zip

Once that is down you’ll be back to a semi-stock device but still will be s-off. This is not a bad thing. If you used the PB31IMG method delete it off your SD card. Download this version of ClockWork recovery and flash through Hboot.

This is the whole post.
Downgrade to unroot. Huge No No! | doug piston

CellJrod

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I think what happened is the unroot zip I initially downloaded was for the AMOLED screen and I have a SLCD. It was not clearly marked one way or the other, so I'm pretty sure that's what I did. I'm just trying to get it fixed now. The reason I asked the question about the battery is usually my phone vibrates even when I boot into recovery, but it's not doing anything.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Charging it certainly won't hurt and having it die mid flash will, so definitely charge it up.

Did you try the HBOOT method yet?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
No problem - I'm beat so I'm going to hit the hay. I'll check back in the morning to see how you made out and we'll go from there.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I chatted with Doug Piston. He suggests the following:

1) Try the RUU on another computer:

* Download HTC Sync here: HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Downloads and install it to get the drivers.

* Re run the RUU you downloaded previously

or

2) Run the HBOOT again. The timing has to be just right. Wait 5 minutes once booted into HBOOT, press + vol... Wait 10 more minutes and hit +vol again

Let us know how it works out!

CellJrod

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Still not working. If I take it into Verizon as is, do you think I'll be able to get a warranty replacement as that's what my purpose for unrooting was anyway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa