Can't install custom ROMs

ObiGeorge

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm rooted, current clockwork recovery installed. When in modded 3e recovery and I try and reinstall packages, it fails. I know most will say "try again, sometimes you have to do it twice". But it doesn't. I continuously get the same error-- failed to verify whole-file signature--signature verification failed, installation aborted. Do I have a permission set wrong somewhere? Don't see others having this problem.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It could be a bad download. Did you try redownloading the files and starting from scratch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
hmm....this is my first Samsung phone so other than what I said I'm not sure. Sorry I couldn't help more. :(

I'll keep looking around.

Mr_Armageddon

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
It looks like you followed all the correct steps. Seems weird you would be getting this error.

Try installing Serendipity VII instead. I installed in on my wife's Infuse last night without any problems. It may not be the ROM you originally wanted to use, but at least it will tell you if your problems are with one specific ROM or not.

If that still doesn't work, I would suggest flashing back to stock and starting over. Only way to be sure...

Last edited:

joeballs2

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
i also have this prob
i have try all that i can find on net and none of it works
i dont no what to next or if i am missing a step
1 rooted with superoneclick
2 downloaded modded e3 recovery and installed
3 installed cwm
4 try to install packages and gives me the failure to install pakages and install fail
what am i missing here
the other thing is that when i move the modded e3 and rename the old recovery to recovery.bak they both dont show up like it does for others
but when i do it again it says it is already installed
could this be the problem

Last edited:

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Thought this thread was finished :p Sorry for late reply. You should just flash the Community v8 kernal w/ CWM/voodoo lagfix. That way you can boot (vol. +/- & pwr 10-12sec) into Red CWM and flash your rom from there. I never liked doing it through the CWM app/Rom Manager and 3e recovery. more mess ups that way for some reason.

Last edited:

utsavsaha

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
How did you reflash the kernel?
Can you give me step by step? Sorry, still a little new at this :(
What drivers and files do you need on your computer, and whatnot?
And most importantly, would this work on a Nexus S?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781