HTC Desire Otterbox Fit Inspire??

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I saw them on ebay under HTC Desire HD, being shipped from NY, USA. But the seller says they are not not intended to be used with the Inspire 4G. I think I will still get it, though I would rather get them from the store so that way I can return it if I don't like it, etc. Meh.

Bought mine through eBay: New Otterbox HTC Desire HD Defender Case - eBay (item 130491273105 end time Mar-27-11 22:03:54 PDT)

I saw one on eBay and the bid is at $44, from the same seller I ordered one from a few weeks ago and need to order another but I only paid $29.95 w/free shipping from him.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Can you use the Defender without the screen plastic protector? I want to install an Invisible Shield on mine instead.

The screen protector is not removable, but you can remove it if you try. The defender cases offer better protection to your screen than a Invisible Shield does. No mess, no stress.

354da0818039403fc81dc13399eb.JPG

daniel.michael4724

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure the Desire HD is only sold overseas right? Not a phone on any US carriers right?

Reason I'm asking is I'm trying to determine if there is anyone that may carry it, or if I should just order online.

Thanks guys !!

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
U can get the Desire HD on eBay. The North American 3G version is A9192. Prices are around $700, the Inspire is the same phone.

wongjonsilver

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The Commuter case is sold out everywhere if you Google it. Also there are none on Ebay.

I just ordered from Cell Phone Accessories - OEM and Aftermarket Phone Accessories (No I do not work for them) I couldn't fine the case anywhere else that had them in stock. I purchased the Otterbox Commuter Case for the HTC Desire HD. It was 30.xx shipped ($.99 shipping). Google showed they had good ratings, I'll update with a review of the entire transaction.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered from Cell Phone Accessories - OEM and Aftermarket Phone Accessories (No I do not work for them) I couldn't fine the case anywhere else that had them in stock. I purchased the Otterbox Commuter Case for the HTC Desire HD. It was 30.xx shipped ($.99 shipping). Google showed they had good ratings, I'll update with a review of the entire transaction.

Good find! I just ordered mine off eBay from a seller in NJ, who has more than 10 available. Paid $39.95 w/free shipping.

hickersontl

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i ordered the desire hd otterbox defender case and it works fine on my inspire 4g they also told me it wouldn't with zag invisashield that i have installed and it works just like it did before i put the phone in the case i have pics and as soon as i can i will post them

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

chabco

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for more Otterbox Commuter cases for the Inspire but in vain. All the links on Google are purple! Would Case-Mate tough be a good alternative?

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the case mate tough right now, really really like it. still want a defender to try, but I personally thing the case mate tough is better built than the commutter's i've used in the past.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
ok, i ordered the defender for the desire hd, should have it in a few days i'm hoping. for those that already have it, is the fit tight? looking at that youtube video that was posted, he seemed to have a little trouble getting the case to snap. was he just putting it on wrong? i know that on past defender cases that i've had, the case was pretty snug, just wanting to make sure that the case wont cause damage to the phone by using this case. thanks!

Alchemy1

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I thought the same thing...mostly because I noted the lack of felt like the iPhone 4 case has. So, when I put it in the case I kind of jiggled it around when I put each half on and before I put the rubber piece on. It fits very snuggly.

rmdashrrootsplat

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
ok, i ordered the defender for the desire hd, should have it in a few days i'm hoping. for those that already have it, is the fit tight? looking at that youtube video that was posted, he seemed to have a little trouble getting the case to snap. was he just putting it on wrong? i know that on past defender cases that i've had, the case was pretty snug, just wanting to make sure that the case wont cause damage to the phone by using this case. thanks!
I just got my defender in yesterday and the fit was snug but I didn't have to force it. The Inspire fits perfectly. I think the problem the guy had on the vid was that he was trying to keep it in view of the camera and wasn't getting proper leverage on it. I didn't have any problems getting it to snap shut.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got my defender in yesterday and the fit was snug but I didn't have to force it. The Inspire fits perfectly. I think the problem the guy had on the vid was that he was trying to keep it in view of the camera and wasn't getting proper leverage on it. I didn't have any problems getting it to snap shut.

thanks! mine is on the fed ex truck for delivery today. ;)

btw, does the bottom flap cover the microphone for the phone at all? I havent seen any pics of the bottom of the phone at all. was wondering if thats what was incompatible.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
ok, my defender just got here. fits pretty decently! the phone is a little bit snug fitting into the plastic case back, but nothing serious. I also think i know what one of the issues may be with otterbox saying its not compatible. if you look at the back of the phone itself, next to the flash, there is a little hole. I'm assuming this is an extra mic. the otterbox case allows for this hole, but for some reason, they placed a piece of plastic over the flash portion, so the hole is covered up. so although there is a mic there, you cant use it becasuse of the plastic. i simply took the plastic out. now the flash isnt covered by plastic, and the mic hole is not covered either. there are literally no other holes that are covered at all now. if i can find my wifes camera, i'll take a photo of the finished product.