Only Getting Some, But Not All, Comcast Emails on Razr Maxx

Adam L.

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this site having just gotten my new Motorola Razr Maxx today, which is my first smart phone ever. I am not a techie, so this is a new world for me (welcome to the 21st Century!).

Comcast is my internet provider. The problem I'm having is that I'm receiving some, but not all, of my emails on my Razr. I think - and this is a complete guess - that perhaps the problem has to do with how/how often the email is taken off the Comcast server by my Outlook on my desktop computer. My desktop Outlook retrieves my emails from the server within every 15 minutes (or something like that); I guess depending on where it is in that 15 minute cycle, the email comes to my Outlook at any point within that period. Once the desktop Outlook retrieves the email, it is gone from the Comcast server.

On my Razr, which is not synch'd in any way to my desktop, there?s a setting that says I can ?fetch? email manually or fetch automatically every 15 or 30 or 60 mins, etc. (It's set to every 15 minutes.) Maybe the Outlook on my home computer is retrieving some email messages before my Razr gets to it leaving nothing for my phone to retrieve? But if that is the problem (or if it's something else entirely), I don?t know how to resolve it. Also, my Razr's setting tells me that Comcast does not permit data to be "pushed" through as soon as it hits the server, which I figure means it won't let me get my emails instantly when they hit the server? Currently, I do not have my desktop's Outlook synch'd to my new phone and I don't even know if that is feasible or even a good option because of how large my Outlook mailbox is. Regardless, I'd like to know how I can get all my Comcast emails to make their way to both my desktop Outlook and my new phone.

I figured I'd ask here before I spend an afternoon on the phone with Comcast.

Thanks very much for your guidance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa