Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been snooping through the forums for a while so decided to say Hi. Lol anyways I'm mainly over in crackberry but I'm seriously considering trading a couple of my Blackberrys for an android phone. Any thoughts on what the best one out is right now? Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been snooping through the forums for a while so decided to say Hi. Lol anyways I'm mainly over in crackberry but I'm seriously considering trading a couple of my Blackberrys for an android phone. Any thoughts on what the best one out is right now? Thanks

Welcome. The M8, Moto X, LG G2, Nexus 5 or S5 are all good phones. The nexus line may be gone pretty soon, so if you want to get one, better do it quick.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Agree with Golfdriver97's suggestions. If you're on Verizon, I'd also suggest the Droid Maxx, which is essentially a Moto X with a huge battery.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome!

Great choices out there:
GS5
HTC M8
LG G2
Nexus 5
Note 3
Moto X

A little older but still great:
HTC M7
GS4

Upcoming devices:
LG G3
Note 4

As you can see there are plenty of choices. Go to the stores and use the devices just for reference. Also, check the reviews on those that are more to your liking, or all of them!

Have a list of your needs and your wants and another list with pros and cons from those phones.

Compare these lists and that will get you closer to the phone you need.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, I would suggest the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can't go wrong with that device....ENJOY

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Everyone above has posted some great recommendations. I have the Nexus 5 and really enjoy it. Let us know what you decide on getting and how you like it.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate all the responses, I've worked out a deal to get a galaxy note 3. I can't wait I'm actually pretty excited. First time around with an android device so I'm hoping I like it. I've used IOS and blackberry for the last couple of years so we'll see.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate all the responses, I've worked out a deal to get a galaxy note 3. I can't wait I'm actually pretty excited. First time around with an android device so I'm hoping I like it. I've used IOS and blackberry for the last couple of years so we'll see.

Good deal! 🙌

Let us know how you like that big beast!

Sent From The Pegassus Galaxy With My GS4