How much do Iphones rely on computers?

cubez

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I remember a friend saying that her phone reset and she couldn't use her phone until she synced it with itunes. I was wondering how dependent is the iphone of a computer. Im asking because I have a friend who wants an Iphone and he doesnt have a computer.

npo

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
2 issues with my iPad (which I won so I didn't actually pay for it), are
1) that you need a computer for activation and iTunes stuff
And 2) that a huge number of websites dont work properly on the crappy browser. My online banking wont even work on it, so unless you want to buy a computer or always bank in person, you may be s.o.l.

cubez

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up ill let him know. I wanted to convince him to get an android, but I don't want to be THAT guy.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
2 issues with my iPad (which I won so I didn't actually pay for it), are
1) that you need a computer for activation and iTunes stuff
And 2) that a huge number of websites dont work properly on the crappy browser. My online banking wont even work on it, so unless you want to buy a computer or always bank in person, you may be s.o.l.

iOS 5 actually fixed both of those issues.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
iOS 5 requires no computer connections. All updates will be pushed wirelessly.

So, a computer is not necessary at all? Or are you just saying it won't need a cable to connect to the PC/Laptop?

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Updates will be pushed wirelessly. However, how I have been told by Apple employees, if you want to put say your own ripped mp3's or photos on your iPhone/iPad you need to have iTunes installed. You can't just hook up to any computer and drag and drop the files with no extra software needed like you can with Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty