Finally, an objective review of the Iphone 6 plus

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Apple iPhone 6 Plus Review: Some things don't work at 5.5-inches, like the design of a small iPhone - Good Gear Guide by PC World Australia

This is the first review that I have found with any semblance of objectivity not written by clue-less journalists fawning over an otherwise ordinary phone because of the Apple logo printed on it - as well as that's the only phone they ever used. Journalists now praising the very virtues they discounted in the Note series even though they are oftentimes more poorly implemented in the Iphone 6 plus such as the size to screen ratio. I have two upgrades and planned to buy both a Note 4, primary phone, and a 6 plus, so I could have the best of both worlds. I was very underwhelmed by the Iphone 6 plus. Feels far too big, cheap - and kind of plasticky- maybe just me, and far too plain with them departing from the beautiful 5s-like design and gravitating to more of an Iphone 3g style.

I went back to the BestBuy a total of 5 times hoping the phone would grow on me. In the end, although my upgrade is burning a whole in my pocket, I decided to pass on the 6 plus as I cant justify spending that type of money for something that just wasn't worth it. On the other hand, I was totally impressed with the elegant look of the Note 4 along with the amazing screen and host of goodies included. I cant wait until 10/17. I will just save my other upgrade for something else in the near future.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Apple iPhone 6 Plus Review: Some things don't work at 5.5-inches, like the design of a small iPhone - Good Gear Guide by PC World Australia

This is the first review that I have found with any semblance of objectivity not written by clue-less journalists fawning over an otherwise ordinary phone because of the Apple logo printed on it - as well as that's the only phone they ever used. Journalists now praising the very virtues they discounted in the Note series even though they are oftentimes more poorly implemented in the Iphone 6 plus such as the size to screen ratio. I have two upgrades and planned to buy both a Note 4, primary phone, and a 6 plus, so I could have the best of both worlds. I was very underwhelmed by the Iphone 6 plus. Feels far too big, cheap - and kind of plasticky- maybe just me, and far too plain with them departing from the beautiful 5s-like design and gravitating to more of an Iphone 3g style.

I went back to the BestBuy a total of 5 times hoping the phone would grow on me. In the end, although my upgrade is burning a whole in my pocket, I decided to pass on the 6 plus as I cant justify spending that type of money for something that just wasn't worth it. On the other hand, I was totally impressed with the elegant look of the Note 4 along with the amazing screen and host of goodies included. I cant wait until 10/17. I will just save my other upgrade for something else in the near future.

Lmao. So a review that justifies your position is unbiased but others don't and therefore are biased?

Posted via the Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I haven't read that review but I totally agree with you about the new iPhones.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Well as a long time android user, (last iphone I owned was 3GS, I did get the 4 but returned it) I always said I would try iphone again when it increase the screen size. I preordered the 6+ and moto x 2014. I have since returned the Moto X and the iphone 6+ is my daily driver for now. While not as exciting as android, it is a capable device. I committed to 2 weeks as my daily driver and it is growing on me(been more than two weeks now).

I downloaded 8.1 today and loaded up my debit cards and apple pay worked just fine at whole foods and CVS two places that google wallet also works well. As the owner of a Macbook Pro and ipad I am reading about the integration of text and even phone calls on the MBP and ipad with iphone. It looks like the integration is pretty tight. I am a cross platform guy with android, iphone and WP along with Apple and WIndows computers but apple seems to have really tightened up the continuity as they say...

I still plan to seriously look at the Nexus 6 because I like my android devices also but iOS has done some good work with the new iphones and iOS 8.1

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I was very underwhelmed by the Iphone 6 plus. Feels far too big, cheap - and kind of plasticky- maybe just me, and far too plain with them departing from the beautiful 5s-like design and gravitating to more of an Iphone 3g style.

Its not just you. I had an iPhone 5S which i loved, and one of the main attractiveness of the phone is its design/feel. After test driving an iPhone 6 and 6+, I was surprisingly disappointed by the feel of the device. During the Apple presentation I will admit I was in love, but when I got to use the device in hand I was just...not impressed. Some say its because its so light in weight, but that lack of weight to me takes away the 'feeling' i got from holding the 5S, or the 5, or even the 4S before it. While im sure the iPhone 6/6+ is a premium device (politically correct term before i get attacked by Apple fanboys for saying otherwise), it doesnt feel like it at all in my opinion.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
The screen did not feel like glass, more like glass-like plastic. The considerable levity of the device might be the culprit...

Yes i noticed that, as well as the body felt plasticy...again people will defend saying its the light weight, which may be true but it crosses the border for me from being a SOLID phone to being a a phone that feels like it was made with cheap sheet metal fabric.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Exactly, there was simply no heft or rigid balance to it that would suggest quality or even a robust build... Not because something is made of a particular material means that its guaranteed to be of a certain standard. There are varying grades of materials, which ironically could render them less reliable than other materials they are typically rated above.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, there was simply no heft or rigid balance to it that would suggest quality or even a robust build... Not because something is made of a particular material means that its guaranteed to be of a certain standard. There are varying grades of materials, which ironically could render them less reliable than other materials they are typically rated above.

It doesn't feel cheap.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non