Best Keyboard for Speed Typing?

Purpur

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
And here are keyboards by rating.

keyboards.png

The impression I have so far is that:
SwiftKey seems to have the best prediction.
Swype seems to have the fastest speech to text functionality.
Fleksy has the most clean layout, and invisible keyboard is also an option (good on small screens, when you know the touch method)

Purpur

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
In the following months I will compare these for speed:

• Google keyboard
  • Swype
  • SwiftKey
  • Fleksy
  • HTC standard keyboard
  • Chilli Bluetooth keyboard
With and without gesture typing, and will also be checking out the speech to text speed.

Are there any better sites/apps to use to measure the speed and accuracy than 10fastfingers.com?

Last edited:

zjhehe

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Lol sometimes I swear I'm the only one that uses TouchPal. Thank you for mentioning it. I love the copy paste feature on TouchPal and find the swype feature MUCH more accurate

ehhh!!! Nice to see someone else in the TouchPal club. Thought I was alone for a sec there. However, I did pay for SwiftKey back when it was a paid app after a 1 month trial. Now that it is free, the developers gave me 10 free themes. I use none of them simply because they seem to lag my keyboard even more. For now, TouchPal is the way to go or at least until SwiftKey really steps up their game.

Cosmic Pie

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I used to love SwiftKey, I guess it's the best non-branded keyboard. Fully customizable and fast. BUT, if you really wanto to get the best speed you should stick to your OS keyboard...

Tuhlom

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I use Swype keyboard. Big dictionary with redacting ability allows me to type very fast using swypes. But I have to read my messages after typing because this keyboard sometimes suggests me wrong words

Sean_N69

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
That's a good question. There are a couple of keyboard's which could be considered helpful for typing speeds. The first one that comes to mind is Fleksy keyboard+GIF; when it comes to speed Fleksy is king. Of course, what it makes up for in speed, it lacks in predictions. Then there's Google keyboard; while it might not have the same capacity for raw speed that Fleksy does, it makes up for it with its various other features. For instance, Google keyboard provides its users with a excellent auto-correct; being able to predict two to three jumbled words simultaneously! The positioning of the keys can take some getting used to, but it's nothing a little practice can't fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress