iPhone 4 is official!

Plan on jumping ship to the new iPhone?

• Total voters

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Its just a shinny iPhone. The dropped calls will still be there, the close ended apps, the iTunes only, the smaller screen (yeah its nice and shinny), but at the end of the day, its still the same basic iPhone from 2007 just with a few extra bells and whistles attached.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Re: Leave your Droid for the new iPhone?

Quick answer no. And they would have to pay me to get me to drop my Droid

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The new iphone will undoubtedly be awesome, imo. It will remain the more polished of the 2 and will app store will not get any weaker.

All that said, android as an OS is amazing and will undoubtedly continue to evolve at an exciting pace and continue to be amazing :) If the iphone comes to verizon, i might consider it at some point in the future. But for now, i'm feeling like I have an amazing phone (the moto droid) on a killer OS, backed by the best cell carrier and an amazingly smart company called Google :)

Let's all be thankful for the options and competition cause it only makes things improve faster.

brittonx

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The screen res isn't that much different between the two
A slick video could be made for almost any device's manufacturing. They've done some good work but its not like they're the only ones doing so.

qst4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I will admit it, I did think twice when I saw how thin the new iphone was, but the deal breaker for me is the lock-in. Once you start using itunes its hard to get out of that system. One other thing I'm really beginning to appreciate about the evo is screen size. On my N1 I found that I was typically using web sites that were optimized for a phone that size or trying to find an app. With the evo it seems strange to use the mobile sites, it feels easier to use the actually website. But bottomline, as Jeremy mentioned, the only thing that really matters is your carrier's ability to service your area. Choose a carrier, then the phone.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The iphone is a nice phone, but what I don't get is why you would post about it here. If you want to get an iphone, go for it. Everyone should get the phone that works for them, but you'd have to know what you'd hear if you post this kind of comment on this forum.

anish3232

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Great Apple creates Ecofriendly products in China. Who knows how Ecofriendly it really is? Watching the data crash while presenting was priceless! Also since the back is glass won't it crack easier if dropped?

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4 is good. I think the Evo is a bit better.

5mp camera on iPhone 4. 8mp on Evo
VGA Resolution on front camera for iPhone. 1.3mp for Evo.
Finally Flash for Camera on iPhone. Dual Flash for Evo.
Same size of 3.5" screen on iPhone. 4.3" on Evo
Exchangeable battery on Evo. Stuck with one battery on iPhone.
Openness on Evo. Closed on iPhone.
Video Chat already on Evo through network and wifi. Video chat only on wifi and two weeks from now on iPhone, using only one app. No choices. Very limited.
Android already able to do much of what is "new" for iPhone iOS 4.
Evo is on Sprint. iPhone on ATT.
Mobile hotspot on Evo. Nothing like it on iPhone 4.
Tethering on Evo. Not on iPhone.

The rest of the special stuff, both phones do. Like 720p recording. You will pay less for the monthly plans for the Evo.

I think the choice is clear.

Smimes

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Give up flash, overclocking, tethering, unlimited data plans, a physical keyboard, live wallpapers, widgets, google maps navigation, for a phone that is trying to play catch-up and mimic features of android?

Not even considering the network, I would never switch to an iPhone.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
You should be banned for asking this question! :p

I agree, the new iPhone looks solid but it's not the hardware that keeps me from getting the iPhone, it's called the iPhone OS and AT&T. As far as I am concerned, if Android keeps getting better and Motorola keeps making solid phones like the Droid, I will be an Android user for a long time.

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone looks real nice i'll give you that but I'm not a fan of AT&T's service in the SF Bay Area... Chose my carrier first, then phone second. If AT&T service is good in your area though, and you don't mind the higher prices and the crappier data plans(I like have unlimited data personally), have at it!

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
But you really have to give it to Apple for their marketing. That was one killer video! But I'll stick with my EVO since my town has great Sprint service. If I lived in a different area and had money to blow on the plan I would be all over the iPhone though.

tkanavy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to stick with what I said here.

I guess it's not surprising that Apple didn't mention the girl that died (from being over worked and exhausted) in their factory. I guess that is where that build quality comes in. By the way, the EVO is anything but shoddy- it's built like a tank.

Last edited:

melo

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Like others have said if the Iphone was on another carrier I would get it in a heartbeat. but since its still on at&t I will wait and maybe upgrade from my Hero to a Evo (I'm unsure about the screen size and haven't seen one in person yet)

timlot

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The iphone is a nice phone, but what I don't get is why you would post about it here. If you want to get an iphone, go for it. Everyone should get the phone that works for them, but you'd have to know what you'd hear if you post this kind of comment on this forum.

Well my post wasn't based on me wanting an iPhone. It was more about the issues I was brand new evo and defects I had with HTC phones. I was just looking at it from a manufacturing stand point compared with Apple and witch was the better quality. Im probably going to be staying with Sprint anyway unless they change their unlimited data plans in the future. ATT new plans are garbage.

gnehc

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4 is good. I think the Evo is a bit better.

5mp camera on iPhone 4. 8mp on Evo
VGA Resolution on front camera for iPhone. 1.3mp for Evo.
Finally Flash for Camera on iPhone. Dual Flash for Evo.
Same size of 3.5" screen on iPhone. 4.3" on Evo
Exchangeable battery on Evo. Stuck with one battery on iPhone.
Openness on Evo. Closed on iPhone.
Video Chat already on Evo through network and wifi. Video chat only on wifi and two weeks from now on iPhone, using only one app. No choices. Very limited.
Android already able to do much of what is "new" for iPhone iOS 4.
Evo is on Sprint. iPhone on ATT.
Mobile hotspot on Evo. Nothing like it on iPhone 4.
Tethering on Evo. Not on iPhone.

The rest of the special stuff, both phones do. Like 720p recording. You will pay less for the monthly plans for the Evo.

I think the choice is clear.

Ditto!!

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I prefer PC to Mac because I know how to use a computer.
I prefer stick shift to automatic because I like to drive and not just steer.
I cut my own ringtones because I prefer Coltrane over Coldplay.

I don't want Job's prepackaged prettiness. I heart my Droid.

GREAT POST!!!!!!!

I got it a little worse than you....I use Linux.

F

fearmychickens

The new iphone will undoubtedly be awesome, imo. It will remain the more polished of the 2 and will app store will not get any weaker.

All that said, android as an OS is amazing and will undoubtedly continue to evolve at an exciting pace and continue to be amazing :) If the iphone comes to verizon, i might consider it at some point in the future. But for now, i'm feeling like I have an amazing phone (the moto droid) on a killer OS, backed by the best cell carrier and an amazingly smart company called Google :)

Let's all be thankful for the options and competition cause it only makes things improve faster.

Couldn't agree more.

Unlike a lot of people here, I think the iPhone is a great device. However, I also think the same about my Droid. I can't see myself leaving Verizon so no other carriers will ever really be an option for me. My annual upgrade is in January and if the next iPhone is rumored to release on Verizon, I may consider it. But then again, I'll also consider newly released high end Android phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa