Samsung Galaxy S4 Warning Camera failed.

Trolled123

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
hi guys. yesterday I was taking a walk and taking photos with my 2 month old galaxy s4. I have never had any issues with it. intill yesterday, I encountered a camera crash. I took out my camera, made a panorama, and then switched to auto mode and that's when my camera froze for like 30 seconds. after, it unfroze. I took a picture and the picture came out well accept the white black little horizontal lines on the top and bottom of the photo. after that I got worried so when I went back to the camera, it said the camera failed message and then it brought me to the home screen. after that, I accessed the camera again and everything was fine, the camera worked, accept the interface was frozen. I could not press the shutter button, gallery button, mode button, video button, etc. so I rebooted my phone and now the camera works perfectly. yesterday after the reboot I took pictures the whole day and It was perfect. today it is perfect too, no crashes. im just getting a little paranoid about why this happened and I am scared something is wrong with my phone as I worked and paid full price. everything is alright now im just wondering, was this a glitch in the software? did the camera crash because it was having a hard time that second to go back to auto mode from panorama mode? this is again, not happening any more but what was the message all about? how come it works now? is my phone alright? thanks guys, by the way I am new to this forum. any answers will really help me out and help me get rid of these annoying worried thoughts of mine:) haha thanks guys.

Anuj Vohra

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I got it fixed by following these steps:

1. Connect your device to your laptop using data cable
2. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Applidium Image Cache
3. Delete everything in this folder
4. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Android\data\com.sec.android.gallery3d\cache
5. Delete everything in this folder
6. Restart your phone
7. Camera works :)

Muhammad Atif1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
i have samsung galaxy s4 GT-I9505 this is second time camera failed error first time i fix through from kies now again same problem but i can't fix it please do me any advice.

Regards,
Atif

Muhammad Atif1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
thank you very much for your video tutorial i got same problem but when i m using skype video calls video will comes up its me both camera are fine.

Please advice