Problems with no physical keyboard?

moorejrjr

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I had blackberries my entire life through a bold 9900, and was looking forward to BB10 until I had issues with Google calendar syncing with my BB. I got a gs3, and soon sold it to get a nexus 4. I have the nexus 4 and still love it almost a year later.

However, I am starting to hate the virtual keyboard. I use SwiftKey, and I have used Google keyboard in the past. I think they do a great job, but since I have no tactile response I mess up my typing all the time. I know this has nothing to do with android, more of an issue with full touch screen devices.

I know it doesn't make much sense to include one nowadays, because of the sacrifice of screen size, but I find myself longing for my fast and accurate typing on my old bold 9900.

Anyway, I have been half considering getting a BBQ10 to solve the problem, even though I would much prefer to stick with android.

Am I just being a whiner, or does it make sense to switch, Especially with the horrendous state of things at BB on the business side.

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

jbardi

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'd say you're a whiner, but its ok, don't feel bad, statistics show 98% of BB owners are whiners as well... Honestly, get over it, BB is the only phone holding fast to physical keyboards, so either embrace the soft keyboard, learn to type or risk having a BBQ10 for the next 10 years because even BlackBerry sees the writing on the wall... they and their users are just very slow to react, but BB will eventual dump it all together as well. Not your fault, you spent the entirety of the smart phone era using a Blackberry, so you are handicapped. My grandmother went through the same sort of thing when she refused to give up her rotary telephone... Hmm, maybe some of you don't even know what that is... ah how times change.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the biggest thing about virtual keyboards is you're not expected to be precise. The mark of a great virtual keyboard is that it figures out what you meant even when you're sloppy.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you. I've always had a physical keyboard though its been landscape. Love them. Though even the Droid 5 isn't that well for a phone and their usually the best android keyboard phones. And don't listen to the negatives about still wanting one, plenty still do. And do get the auto-ness of a keyboard you have to use it a long time which leads to a while of painful mess of text.
As to solve your solution, just do what feels right. Maybe look into a bluetooth landscape keyboard.

Tele_Phone

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I miss typing on my bold 9900. I was able to actually look at what I was typing rather than looking at each key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty