contact names not showing in text messages

stonzee

May 24, 2013
Visit site
When I get a text message it just shows the number with a +1 added to it. The name doesn't show up. So I cleared the partition cache. Didn't work.
I did a hard reset. Didn't work. I added +1 to all my contacts didn't work.
Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I don't sync my contacts with any accounts. I've talked to my carrier. They had no clue how to resolve it. I talked to Motorola. They couldn't help. I'm at a loss. Can anyone help resolve this issue? I have an Atrix HD and 4.1.1
Help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When I get a text message it just shows the number with a +1 added to it. The name doesn't show up. So I cleared the partition cache. Didn't work.
Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I don't sync my contacts with any accounts. I've talked to my carrier. They had no clue how to resolve it. I talked to Motorola. They couldn't help. I'm at a loss. Can anyone help resolve this issue? I have an Atrix HD and 4.1.1
Help.
Go into system settings > accounts > Google > contacts sync. Make sure that's enabled. Also, go into the contact/people app and see if there is a setting to enable/disable names for each contact as opposed to the phone number.

Gates Is Antichrist

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
SIMPLE FIX. I see so many complicated explanations, and don't know why no one else says the following which is 100% effective for me.. Go Settings/General/Apps. Scroll to Messaging and click it. Click "force stop" (don't worry, it's not as radical as you might fear).

Now back all the way out and click your message icon. At least for me, names now appear instead of numbers.

Philip54321

Apr 26, 2021
Visit site
Help.

Fixed
Names not showing on Text messages

This worked for me immediately:-
I went to Play Store/searched for SMS Messages/Uninstall/After I hit Uninstall, I could then update immediately, if it actually uninstalled I do not know.

It did not lose any text messages at all and now all the names appear in my text messages, even the old text messages have now got names.

So try and uninstall your messages app and update/reinstall it.

I have a Huawei P30 Pro

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Fixed

I went to Play Store/searched for SMS Messages/Uninstall/After I hit Uninstall, I could then update immediately, if it actually uninstalled I do not know.

It did not lose any text messages at all and now all the names appear in my text messages, even the old text messages have now got names.

I have a Huawei P30 Pro
Hi , welcome to AC!

This is a old thread so might not see members responding back here.

Totalbisch

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
Tried all the other suggestions and this was the one that worked!!! Thank you! So simple...uninstall messages...and then re update...names showed up right away

barbaaron

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
Thanks, this worked for me!

Fixed

I have a Huawei P30 Pro

Mike Hartigan

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Fixed

I have a Huawei P30 Pro

And there you have it! It uninstalled the updates and names appeared. I then updated the app and all is now well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969