Verizon iPhone cometh -- Will you be switching?

Will you be switching to the iPhone?

• Total voters

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Flame Apple? Why would we do such a thing?

Seriously, what is up with this iPhone junk making its way to an Android site/blog. The wretched thing is like the worst case of hemorrhoids ever. No matter what you do, it will just not go away. I thought this would be my safe haven, a place where I could go and not here about it....but I guess I was wrong. Why was this not kept on TiPb.com and left off the AC?

MisterEich

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm excited, my brother is dying for an iphone and he's not up for an upgrade for a year. I'm going to get one with mine and sell/trade him it for his DX and $300. Hello Galaxy Tab.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm excited, my brother is dying for an iphone and he's not up for an upgrade for a year. I'm going to get one with mine and sell/trade him it for his DX and $300. Hello Galaxy Tab.

Galaxy Tab off Best buy? cause i know they have it for 299 on activation unless im mistaken.

TheANARCHY

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
A fair warning to all of you who wish to take this plunge...

I had AT&T w/iPhone for the last 2 yrs prior to going with Verizon where I live in NC last September. It CAN be a nice piece of hardware, but if you are accustomed to having your phone your way and doing what you want with it, you will be sadly disappointed with it. I used it for personal and limited work use and IMO it couldn't do either very well in combination. And you will find the rotten apple is very, very, very self contained and doesn't give you the freedom that you have now w/ Android and Google.

But it only my opinion and opinions are subjective so take it or leave it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
A fair warning to all of you who wish to take this plunge...

I had AT&T w/iPhone for the last 2 yrs prior to going with Verizon where I live in NC last September. It CAN be a nice piece of hardware, but if you are accustomed to having your phone your way and doing what you want with it, you will be sadly disappointed with it. I used it for personal and limited work use and IMO it couldn't do either very well in combination. And you will find the rotten apple is very, very, very self contained and doesn't give you the freedom that you have now w/ Android and Google.

But it only my opinion and opinions are subjective so take it or leave it.

I wonder what its like going from an android to a iphone, Now Multicon, no widgets. no 3D app drawer. stuck moving left to right within quadrants no pull down notification bar.

Guamguy

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Me too.

The flip side of it, AT&T is now betting it big with no less than three Android superphones of its own and a total of 20 model releases for the year. I believe that AT&T hasn't jumped into Android completely because of the iPhone exclusivity. Now with that out of the bag, so AT&T might be the Android carrier of the year.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
If, or when, iPhone arrives at VZW... I really hope and pray VZW doesn't pull the same crap AT&T does to appease Apple. ie... market apps only (yes it can be subverted but still)

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
If, or when, iPhone arrives at VZW... I really hope and pray VZW doesn't pull the same crap AT&T does to appease Apple. ie... market apps only (yes it can be subverted but still)

I think it will be the same way with Verizon as with AT&T. Apple will control every aspect of updates market everything. I don't think Verizon has any power when it comes to this for the fact that apple can release it's phone to any carrier. I think apple will run the show.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Apple certainly will run the show. The no non-app store apps is definitely an apple thing. Jobs and Apple want to have the final say of what you can do with the iphone to keep them running smoothly.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Apple will still have basically all control, no doubt there. But I do think Apple will be caving in just slightly on certain things like advertising. Someone stated earlier that Apple doesn't want to lose ANY marketshare, so it's more willing to work with partners with the iPhone, and I tend to agree with that sentiment.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Just a thought, which is slightly off topic, I don't know if any of you have seen the interview with Matias Duarte over at engadget. One of the things he talks about is that as of Honeycomb Android no longer needs to have physical buttons, they can be done in software, this would make it much easier to use a iPhone that had been hacked to run Android.

This may comfort anyone who jumps ship to the iPhone only to realise that iOS is a sucky POS.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a huge fan of the "one button" concept of iOS -- it's TOO simple for me, and in some cases is actually a little annoying. I'm all for Android supporting it, but I certainly hope we don't see a slew of new devices that don't have the standard array of Android soft/hard buttons we're used to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty