Why are an app's Android 7.0 Nougat notifications limited to < = 8 ... and only the most-recent 8?

bramweiser

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Why are an app's Android 7.0 Nougat notifications limited to < = 8 ... and only the most-recent 8?

Hello, and thank you for reading my post.

In Android 6.0, which my Samsung Galaxy S7 used to have, notifications for, say, Twitter, would be limited to 50 (aside: any idea how to increase or remove that limitation?) and each(!) individual tweet among those 50-or-fewer would be visible in the notification window already.

However, in Android 7.0 Nougat, which I recently installed on that phone as a System Update (via Verizon, my provider), the notifications show no more than 8 of anything at any one time, AND combine those 8 into a single "master" notification for Twitter (using the same example) instead of showing them individually (at least at first).

In addition, those 8 are the most-recent(!) 8 among the no-more-than-50 that the window would hold, so, to see the first tweet that I'd not yet gotten the last time I was cleaning out that window (i.e., probably yesterday), I need to actually remove(!) all of the 42 or so tweets that came afterward from that window, which seems counter-intuitive (i.e., wouldn't one want to see the earliest notifications available so that you'd know if you missed something or not?)

Still, my main question here is...why does Android 7.0 Nougat seem to limit what's seen to only 8, and why only the most-recent 8, of an app's notifications...and what can I please do about it as I've looked through (again, as an example) Twitter, as well as other Settings areas on the phone and found nothing as yet to resolve this?

Thanks so much,
Bram Weiser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty