Android Stuck on "Download in progress" and download unsuccessful.

Weelesh

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
Trying to download some apps from the internet through my Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 or something like that. Jellybean 4.1.2.
I was in the middle of downloading a game and all of a sudden, internet crashes, try reinstalling it then the progress bar is showing loads of lines going through it repeatedly forever.

I lost Download Manager a while back (2 years ago) due to a powerful Trojan that got hold of my device. Anyways that problem has been resolved.

I try installing ANYTHING and it glitches with that annoying progress bar. I look in the downloads app and it says "download in progress".
Waiting for 30 minutes straight. Still no result. Tried disabling and clearing data and cache on the internet download manager, but when I look on my notifications it states "Download unsuccessful".
Edit: Storage is fine

Please help,
Thanks

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which tablet is this? When that the Download Manager problem due to the trojan was resolved, do you mean that Download Manager exists on the tablet now? If so, clear its cache and data. If you're trying to install these games through Google Play Store, clear the Play Store app cache and data as well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Weelesh

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure about the 2014 one, but all I can say is it's been around for ages. And thanks, will reinstalling the firmware do any memory loss?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I believe it will act as a factory reset, so backup or sync your important data first.

Weelesh

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
Edit: Act as a factory reset? Trojans that have made themselves system apps will still be on the device then. Tried factory resetting before, trojans that were systems apps were still there. Will the links provided resolve that issue? I have deleted fraudulent system apps with BloatFree but I am being cautious about more inhabitating my device.
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Reinstalling the firmware should get rid of malicious apps installed to the system root, because you're completely replacing the installed firmware. If you just do a factory reset, you're just using the corrupted firmware that's currently on the phone.

mrb1169

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
I tried everything, going to settings, removing cache and data and force stop on play store app play services inst.and play services
Finally uninstalled the app then loaded it off the internet
Removed wi-fi then re-installed the app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87