Charging Lenovo legion via audio adapter.

Kevin Humble

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have recently bought a USB headphone/charge adapter to use with my Lenovo Legion Duel.. You know the type (I hope) there are kinda "T" shaped. Plug it into the USB C socket - one side has a 3.5mm headphone socket and the other has a USB C socket to allow charging at the the same time ... except it does not. The headphone bit works fine but when I plug in a USB C cable it does not charge. I swapped cables/sockets/orientations - always the same. Ah well - the adapter did not cost much so I thought it must just be broken and got another one. Except this one behaves exactly the same.

I did a bit of digging in the setting menu and thought maybe something in the "USB controlled by" but all those options are greyed out. I did have a search for "Charge" but none of the results seemed to help.

So - anyone got any ideas? Is it just not possible to charge via an adapter? This seems odd as they work on many other phones...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a listing for that adapter that you can share here? Are you able to test it on another device?

Kevin Humble

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my issue. The adapter is one of these.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rksid%3Dp2334524.c100667.m2042&token=8pVHDw9v

I have used it on both ports on the phone (the duel has two sockets). I also checked it on my wife's phone (also a duel - same issue) and on my old Redme Note 9 (same result). I also have another adapter (similar but not identical) and that is also not working. So - I don't think it's the adapter because I have two that don't work and also 3 phones that don't work.

I did also use a number of different mains adapters and leads/orientations but nothing seems to work. I am wondering if I am missing something. I did notice (after I bought the adapter) that it does say

"This Type-C Adapter is NOT compatible with RAZER Phone,MAC Book, iPad Pro, Essential PH-1,Motorola phones, Google pixel 2/3 and HTC U11 Model."

My phone is not listed but there are obviously some compatibility issues somewhere... Just not sure if I can do anything about it.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem with USB-C is that even though it's becoming more of a universal standard in terms of the port and plug shape, there is still a fair amount of variability in terms of things like audio and video support, so this is probably one of those things. You may want to look for a splitter that specifies compatibility with Lenovo, since one would hope that Lenovo would use the same USB-C technology in all of their devices. Here's one to consider: https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Ad...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6989412

Kevin Humble

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy.

I am very much thinking the same as you. However it is the form factor I am after - not so much the headphone socket. This adapter sits nice and flush so I was thinking it will allow me to charge and play at the same time. I have however also ordered one of these

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...c8b%253Ag%253AnvIAAOSwz-dgiPaS&token=acyuU_Vq

As I see it - that is a two port hub so it should work without issues and give me the same slim form factor.

When I get it I will report back for anyone else having the same issue. I hate it when someone in a forum has the same problem as me but does not post the solution when they find it :).

Kevin Humble

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Well ... that mini USB hub arrived today ... and YES!!!. It works. Charges on both sockets - any orientation. Even lets me plug an audio adapter into the unused end.

So Lenovo peeps out there. If you are after a very slim 90 degree charging adapter - forget the USB one side Audio the other - get the little double USB one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez