Custom Text tones. HELP!

hmilliken_93

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the LG Ally. I want custom text tones to set for different contacts in my phone. How do I do that? I did have go sms and it let me set up different contacts for different tones but wouldn't work. It was still playing the sound off of my phone notification sounds NOT my messaging sounds because i turned that off but if i turn my PHONE notification sounds on silent then everything is silent and go sms wasn't playing the sounds. I need help!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Impatience... I'm not sure how go is, but chomp lets you long press on the conversation and choose a tone for each contact.

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Afaik, only 3rd party messaging apps such as chomp or handcent allow you to.

Unless you're talking about just one for all messages...

Go to text app, menu, settings, notifications.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
SMS Popup or Custom SMS Tones... Check them out in the Play Store. I have had good luck with both.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Chomp has ads on the main screen but if you have an ad blocker....

Haven't tried any third party... But handcent allows you to set mp3 as tones as well..

amedford88

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
So if I download one of those could I delete my other messaging app? Or would that not be a good idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

amedford88

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
So I'm using zedge and it let's me set a ringtone for my text outfit only plays like a second of the ring tone. How do I fix it

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So if I download one of those could I delete my other messaging app? Or would that not be a good idea.

The default messaging app stays, but you can turn notifications off so it's just idle and inactive.