no mobile data connection unlocked p870 straight talk

fish4specs

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an LG P870 Escape ive been using for several months and just noticed today the the mobile data was not working. It is an unlocked att phone (straight talk network). It will connect to my home network via WIFI but would not connect to mobile data. Also my phone upgraded over the weekend to android 4.1.2 (from 4.0.4). are there issues with 4.1.2 or additions settings? Connected fine before upgrade but didn't try mobile data till today. I have data enabled checked but in the phone status it still says "mobile network state: disconnected." No changes to mobile data (still will NOT connect with WIFI turned on or off). I have tried to reboot the phone several times without any change. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LGP870 Escape att unlocked
Android 4.1.2
Baseband version:M8960A-AAAANAZM-1.0.019008
Kernal:3.4.0
Build Number: JZ054K
Software Version: P870d

Thanks
Daniel
posted to:
straight talk forum
android forum
lg forum
:(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not familiar with your phone or with AT&T, but see if there is a setting under Settings/Wireless & Networks/Mobile networks for Network Mode, and make sure the correct network is selected (e.g., GSM vs CDMA).

fish4specs

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply, i looked around in OS can't find anything exactly like that, In APN setting there is a place for APN type just black, no delectable options, i inputed GSM but still no difference, in status it lists mobile network type "HSDPA" but it is not changeable at least not in that list.

fish4specs

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Mysteriously started working this afternoon, i suspect an ATT/Straight Talk network problem so i'll watch carefully for a while.
BTW I have spoken to Straight Talk Support in the past which is why i was posting to a forum first, was going to call tomorrow if didn't have other ideas or a resolution. for now Mobile Network is working with no setting changes from non working condition (unless its an inconsistent hardware or software error. If the problem returns i'll post back and call Straight Talk support, thanks B. Diddy for responses.

VMMF

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, my phone is also a LG ESCAPE and also has that issue from time to time, when it happens to you again try restarting the phone or temporarely putting it in airplane mode. A few seconds after it recovers its signal the data conection icon will appear