How do I delete texts off my G Flex?

A

AC Question

how do i delete texts off my G Flex?

Hi. I've had my G Flex with ATT since early August 2014. My texts are still saved on my phone since then and lately my phone lags significantly when I open the app then when I start typing. I have tried different texting apps like chomp, the stock messaging app, and now the Hangouts app. Does anyone a solution? I have the latest software but it's not 5.0

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: how do i delete texts off my G Flex?

Hi. I've had my G Flex with ATT since early August 2014. My texts are still saved on my phone since then and lately my phone lags significantly when I open the app then when I start typing. I have tried different texting apps like chomp, the stock messaging app, and now the Hangouts app. Does anyone a solution? I have the latest software but it's not 5.0
Before deleting texts go to system settings > applications > sort by all > messaging app (or the app you are using). Clear cache and see if that helps. If not, and you want to do a "clear all" solution regardless of what you delete, then within the same menu choose "delete/clear data".

I would suggest using an application from the Play Store to backup texts and keep somewhere safe just in case you need to restore and reference the apps in the future.

Let us know if that helps and/or if you have any other questions!