LG G Pad 8.3 and the Optimum app

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I need a bigger screen and just a better performing tablet.

I really like the LG G Pad 8.3. But my very critical question: Is the Optimum app for watching live TV (if you're an optimum customer) compatible with the device yet???

If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. It's kind of a deal breaker for me as I need to have access to the optimum app.

Thanks!!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Curious too. I get my G pad in the mail tomorrow. After checking it out (twice) at best buy all I can say is it looked and felt very nice.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Optimum app started working last night.

I did read this on Optimum's website this morning:
The Optimum App is now available on Android phones and tablets running Operating System version 4.2 or higher. For those devices running an Operating System less than 4.2, select your carrier below to see the current list of supported Android devices.

So...how was the quality? Was it acceptable?

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Curious too. I get my G pad in the mail tomorrow. After checking it out (twice) at best buy all I can say is it looked and felt very nice.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

When you get it in the mail today, can you test it out with the Optimum app and report back your findings? Thanks!

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It works perfectly. I had it on my ipads and it works just as good. It also started working last night on my wife's samsung tab 3 8.o. and its been working on my nexus u 4.4.

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It works perfectly. I had it on my ipads and it works just as good. It also started working last night on my wife's samsung tab 3 8.o. and its been working on my nexus u 4.4.
Oh that's great to hear. Now it makes my decision on G Pad 8.3 vs Nexus 10 that much harder since both are now compatible with Optimum app. Hmmmm....

Thanks for the info!!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Love the G Pad...last week they finally got Monopoly working on higher-res devices too (yea to the old man in me). The G Pad does just about everything quite well.

g2 cm10.2

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Optimum is telling me the Optimum app is actually not available yet for LG G Pad 8.3.

Maybe the rep I'm talking to is just an ***** (more than likely). Either way, I know you guys confirmed it is available. Does it run well when using it?

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm so confused. lol

Did you try launching it? I've heard you can download it on the G Pad but that it won't play when you try to run it.

- - - Updated - - -

I received my G Pad 8.3 from BestBuy yesterday and I can confirm it *is* compatible with the Optimum app.

I'm so confused. lol

Did you try launching it? I've heard you can download it on the G Pad but that it won't play when you try to run it.

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I played an episode of Big Bang Theory from the "On Demand" section.

Well now this is really confusing. There's a guy on XDA forums posting screen shots of the error he gets when trying to launch the Optimum app on his G Pad 8.3. Meanwhile, BJ and Nychotxxx have no problem running the app on their G Pads.

I need a drink! lol