Amazing! Best buy employees...

Brian_d

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
...STILL have No CLUE about the G pad!
I went to 4(!) best buys, the last one being out of town before I found a display set up. At all 4, nobody knew anything about them & when I asked, went straight to the Lenovo tablet. I don't know where I read it, but someone said that the found a display in the cell phone section. Sure enough - at the out of town best buy - there's the display in the cell phone section! I got home, went back to the 1st best buy & BLAM - display's in with the cell phones! I walk over to the tablets, tell the guy I want to buy the LG G Pad, he takes me over to the obligatory Lenovo mumbling that he's not familiar with that one, I tell him "no, it's over there" & show him where the display is. So he asks the cell phone guy where they keep them; cell guy thinks they are in the lock up above where 1st guy greeted me. We walk back, he finds them & as he's ringing me up another blue shirt says "What's that?" followed by "DAMN!" I ask, "is that a good Damn or a bad Damn?" He kinda stutters out something about expensive & then starts reading specs on the register. His Damn turned to "WOA!" & "That should be a fast tablet!"
As I'm walking out the door, the yellow shirt stops me, checks my receipt & says, "LG is making tablets again?!?"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is totally unsurprising to me. Judging by the prominent displays, I would guess that Best Buy employees are encouraged to sell Apple (of course) and Samsung, and don't know that much about other brands.

Along the same lines, I recently went to a Verizon store asking about Chromecast--the first rep looked at me blankly and said, "What's that?" When I explained to him what his store was currently selling, he tried to sell me on the Samsung Allshare. Good job, guys!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Funny stuff. Remember, just because they work there, doesn't mean they care or know about everything.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to learn as much as I can because I'm thinking of quitting retirement to work in a T-Mobile or something.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
...STILL have No CLUE about the G pad!
I went to 4(!) best buys, the last one being out of town before I found a display set up. At all 4, nobody knew anything about them & when I asked, went straight to the Lenovo tablet. I don't know where I read it, but someone said that the found a display in the cell phone section. Sure enough - at the out of town best buy - there's the display in the cell phone section! I got home, went back to the 1st best buy & BLAM - display's in with the cell phones! I walk over to the tablets, tell the guy I want to buy the LG G Pad, he takes me over to the obligatory Lenovo mumbling that he's not familiar with that one, I tell him "no, it's over there" & show him where the display is. So he asks the cell phone guy where they keep them; cell guy thinks they are in the lock up above where 1st guy greeted me. We walk back, he finds them & as he's ringing me up another blue shirt says "What's that?" followed by "DAMN!" I ask, "is that a good Damn or a bad Damn?" He kinda stutters out something about expensive & then starts reading specs on the register. His Damn turned to "WOA!" & "That should be a fast tablet!"
As I'm walking out the door, the yellow shirt stops me, checks my receipt & says, "LG is making tablets again?!?"

Yeah ive posted on here a few times for people wanting to get a feel for the tablet to go to the cell phone section and find the G2 as you will find the G Pad next to it.... Bizarre....

BBuy employee`s are not very well trained at all, i was in BB last night and i couldnt help myself, the sales assistant was telling a customer that office RT only comes on the original Surface and not on the Surface 2.... So i pointed out to him that he was looking straight at the office icons on the surface 2 which does come with the S2, to which he tells me its a store thing and they load them on just so they can be seen running.... so i literally asked him why he felt the need to lie and make something up like that, he didnt know where to look, not only was he misinforming someone about a device, but he was blatantly lying, im sorry but people like this need to be not in these positions, plenty of people out of work right now with knowledge that should be in his place.

Some BB employees are knowledgeable, but i think that's down to themselves being interested in the products they sell and researching themselves, walk into any Bestbuy and ask the 1st assistant that approaches you "can you point me to the G Pad made by LG" and they will look at you like you have just asked them how good their sister is in bed....

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a LG G Pad Best Buy story that will all make you drop your jaws in shock. I went to BB on the day the G Pad came out. They were nowhere to be seen. Not displayed anywhere. I then asked a sales person who said there is no such thing. I told him he was not correct and he said give me a minute. He left and came back ten minutes later and said it is real, they do have it but it is not released yet. I then told him he was wrong. The Samsung sales person saw my struggles and came over and said let me help. He went it to the computer found it, showed the BB sales guy it is in stock and available for sale. OK, great. I can now buy this. Well that is what I thought. Here is where the story really gets shocking. I was trading in my original Note 10.1. I went to customer service to do this while the sales guy got the G pad I was purchasing. As it turns out the store manager does my trade in. So, I decided to take this moment to tell him, nicely, that I was surprised that the sales guy never heard of the G Pad and when he finally realized it was real he did not know he could sell it. With that the manager said you will not talk about my employees like that. I would like you to leave my store. I was shocked. I said you are joking right? He said no. Leave my store. I said I did nothing wrong and I am not leaving. With that he called the police. I was stubborn and stuck around. The police came. They apologized to me and said it sounds like you did nothing but he has a right to ask you to leave the store. As I was leaving one of the other people working there said he was sorry and could not believe this had happen. The silver lining to the story is I called BB corporate office about this and they gave me a $100 in points to make up for it and promised the manager would be spoken to. So in the long run I went to another BB (Where they never heard if it either) and between the trade in and $100 this table cost me next to nothing.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's crazy, he obviously just didn't want to deal with it, hopefully someone more skilled is in his position

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ow! I'm shaking my head so hard at that story that I just tweaked my neck.

Posted via Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I think part of the blame goes to LG. I'm pretty sure Apple and Samsung have their own people go and train the BB employees on their devices (did a Google search just to make sure I wasn't talking out of my rear end. Apple has trained before not sure if they still do, but Samsung does do the training since they added their new "store inside a store" displays).

LG picked Best Buy to sell the G Pad retail so they should be making sure it is displayed correct and that somebody at the store knows about it. Not saying all the blame is on LG but they should know what is going on and have a hand in fixing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non