G-Slate (Optimus Pad) "does not need" 3.1

Faagmer

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Here is a recent conversation that I had with an LG representative:

12:04 PM MikeP: Hello, Faagmer. Can I help you with anything today?
12:05 PM Faagmer: Hi, I wanted to know if there was any news on a software update for the Optimus Pad. It feels as if those of us that chose to go with LG are being left behind as we watch all other (cheaper) android tablets get their updates to 3.1
12:06 PM MikeP: One moment please I will verify that for you.
12:06 PM Faagmer: Yep, thanks
12:10 PM MikeP: At the moment there are no updates that apply to the optimus pad which are in 3.1 the 3.1 update only includes updates for certain products where elements needed updating so it does not mean that 3.1 will apply to all products.
12:11 PM Faagmer: So if I'm understanding correctly, then this means that everyone that payed easily over 600-700$ for your product are getting a kick in the balls as you won't support a 3.1 update?
12:12 PM MikeP: This unit doesn't need 3.1 is what it means.
12:13 PM Faagmer: 3.1 brings many new features to Honeycomb tablets as well as bug fixes. As a consumer of your product, I would expect for this to be available to me as it is to customers who have purchased, for example, a Motorola Xoom
12:14 PM Faagmer: My lack of USB support, lack of resizable widgets as well as lack of a few other features disagrees with not needing an update.

12:14 PM MikeP: If you would like to make an official complaint please contact 1 888 542 2623 with your model and serial number.
12:15 PM Faagmer: Thank you for your time and I really do hope that in the future LG will show a bit more support towards their customers. Have a good day.

gtkansan#AC

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I would say they never promised 3.1 so there is no use claiming they MUST do it. I agree its pretty suicidal to not, but they didnt promise it from the get go, and no has any 'right' to it...

Faagmer

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I would say they never promised 3.1 so there is no use claiming they MUST do it. I agree its pretty suicidal to not, but they didnt promise it from the get go, and no has any 'right' to it...

I never directly claimed that they HAD to do it. However, I find it to be horrible service towards their customers and will definitely make me want to think twice about buying another LG product. I've been through the hell of having an LG Chocolate, then the LG Rumor. Had to endure the pain of the LG Neon and now this. LG is not really doing much for their customers lately.

Quant

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
They really should be updating this tablet to the latest. When you buy a Google device, made by any manufacturer, it is implied you will get updates and bug fixes. If LG doesn't feel that way, they will find themselves with zero marketshare for Android products because word of mouth alone wil kill them. I just read this and I own two LG products. And I will tell you these will be the last two LG products I ever buy if I don't see an update to them both. I'll buy from which ever vendor supports the products with future Android updates. That's a promis.

deez1234

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion if you are going to release a high end device that has the same hardware as the competition you would expect the company to want to keep up with the competition. The G-Slate desperately needs this update to stay up to par with the other similar devices. I absolutely love this tablet and would be extremely happy if we got some damn support.

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk

Quant

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Exactly correct. Else all you do is count yourself out of a future sale.

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't ever believe anything customer service agents tell you. They don't know the plans or the details. Usually they only know some canned responses to common situations.

I just got 3.1 on my Optimus Pad btw.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
And SD card and resizable Widgets are in 3.2 which google just released to there wifi xooms. And vzw is working on there release for 3.2.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
And SD card and resizable Widgets are in 3.2 which google just released to there wifi xooms. And vzw is working on there release for 3.2.

Resizable widgets are already in 3.1... Optimus Pad has no SD card.

I guess the only thing 3.2 would bring is the app scaling for non honeycomb apps...

Sent from my SH-13C using Tapatalk

lawrbaby

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
So what is the final answer on all this?
I am in Canada have an LG Optimus Pad
I was told by LG and Rogers that there will be no 3.1 update for Canada
Even though the U.S has a 3.1 update already for the G-Slate
What do I do?
Root the tablet?
Is it safe?
Is it easy?

Please reply on this for all us Canadians who know not what to do!!

lawrence

lawrbaby

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
HI
Someone in this thread, said they alredy have the 3.1 update for their optimus pad
How do i get this update for my pad?
I live in Canada, and it's a Rogers product..............LG Optimus Pad

Thanks
lawrence

punk3r

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I dont think you can do the update ;/ I tried for days to get the update going on my Optimus Pad. Basically flashing all the Tmobile images to it. The farthest I got got me to a looping tmobile android screen. Could never get it to boot. The only image i didnt flash to it was the oemboot.img. I may try that.

I have 12 Motorola Xoom's and going from 3.0.1 to 3.2 is night and day. So many issues fixed. Im very disappointed with LG's customer response. I def wont buy another LG mobile product.