Anyone get the 3.1 update yet?

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone get the update yet? Just curious since they said it should be going out now. I just ordered my g-slate yesterday so I'm hoping it's getting pushed by the time I receive it. Also I'm pretty sure of this, but I figured I'd ask anyway, does it matter if I don't have t-mobile service and am just going to use it with wifi to actually get the update? Like I said I'm pretty sure I should be able to get the update anyway even though I'll only go through wifi.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got it, in Japan on my L-06C aka Optimus Pad. Same thing though lol.

So far so good. Added Movie Studio, some document reader, and two japanese apps, one for Rakuten (the amazon/ebay of japan oh they're also a bank lol). And Twonky mobile, a dlna server AND client. So now my japanese phone and tablet can read each other's content... Pretty nifty!!!

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got it, in Japan on my L-06C aka Optimus Pad. Same thing though lol.

So far so good. Added Movie Studio, some document reader, and two japanese apps, one for Rakuten (the amazon/ebay of japan oh they're also a bank lol). And Twonky mobile, a dlna server AND client. So now my japanese phone and tablet can read each other's content... Pretty nifty!!!

Cool, do you have a wireless provider on it, or do you only use wifi?

Bte i use mine without a sim, on wifi only. I did put in my docomo sim a few times before but generally it's wifi for me.

You haven't gotten the update have you? Just want to find out if I'm going to have to do a manual upgrade to it, or if I will get the update through wifi.

JNM

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Does the update have any effect on how smooth scrolling is when in portrait mode on the homescreen?

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Does the update have any effect on how smooth scrolling is when in portrait mode on the homescreen?

I'm not sure,it never looked unsmooth to me.

It did fix wifi however. Now it actually stays on even when the screen is off more than 15 minutes!

Sent from my SH-13C using Tapatalk

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a delay with their keyboard lately? Normally i use a BT keyboard with mine but my keyboard seems more sluggish than usual.

Eroc162

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got the 3.1 update and dont see this google video app. I'm rooted but I have stock rom. Am I the only one who has this problem. Can anyone post up the apk file for google video thanks.

dammit2hell

Apr 29, 2011
www.btechpcrepair.com
I got mine yesterday. Honestly, and this is going to sound ridiculous, but my g-slate seems laggy now. I've rebooted a few times to no avail. Other than the video app (which seems pointless as it just forwards you to the online market) and the movie editor, The only thing I have noticed is that the boot graphic is smooth as it used to jitter and pause. Netflix is also broken which sucks.

Not rooted as Linux confuses me...lol

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday. Honestly, and this is going to sound ridiculous, but my g-slate seems laggy now. I've rebooted a few times to no avail. Other than the video app (which seems pointless as it just forwards you to the online market) and the movie editor, The only thing I have noticed is that the boot graphic is smooth as it used to jitter and pause. Netflix is also broken which sucks.

Not rooted as Linux confuses me...lol

Mine had the opposite effect, was laggy before the update, but now its much smoother. I agree with you on the video app, pretty pointless.

I'm not rooted either because what can I do if I'm rooted? There's no custom development being done for this thing.