T-Mobile LG G-Slate

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
What do you think about the G-Slate. Do you think it is a pure Google tablet! I hope so. I am definitely getting it if it is 10in because 7in is WAY to small. I want it sooo bad. It looks GREAT! I think it will be dual-core and hopefully it will be 10in! I can't wait!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What do you think about the G-Slate. Do you think it is a pure Google tablet! I hope so. I am definitely getting it if it is 10in because 7in is WAY to small. I want it sooo bad. It looks GREAT! I think it will be dual-core and hopefully it will be 10in! I can't wait!

I'm looking forward to this, too.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Thoughts on the G-Slate

Well, now that we've seen and heard a decent amount on this thing, what do you guys think? Are any of you holding out to buy it?

I'm intrigued to see if there's going to be a WiFi only version, seeing as how it's commonly being referred to as the "T-Mobile G-Slate" (even though it's properly named LG G-Slate) :p

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
The biggest thing that bugs me about tablets right now is that the good android ones, which I consider to be the Galaxy Tabs, Xoom, and G-Slate, all want/seem to want you to sign up for another data plan. I want a tablet that was meant to be tethered to my phone. Paying for another plan doesn't make because I'll always have my phone on me and I see tablets as just bigger phones without the phone function. Sure Honeycomb will be different but technically I can still do everything on my phone. If a manufacturer/carrier is trying to convince me to buy a tablet, they need to prove that I need one and I don't feel that way.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When the G-Slate and Xoom were announced at CES I was kind of partial to the XOOM but honestly I'm getting a little afraid of VZW - just wish we had more details here on the G-Slate. I saw it went for it's FCC approval so I guess that's the first step.

If this thing ships with the Nova display, I'm getting it over the Xoom.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
That's my biggest fear is Verizon and if and/or what they'll try to do with this thing. Still holding out for WiFi only for that reason and that reason only.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's going to T-Mobile for sure. They tweeted about it tonight. I'm curious to see what the data plans look like. T-Mo is usually pretty reasonable.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Also guys, read the name closely. Recognize anything?

G1, G2, G-Slate. Now you should. Since this is in their G series it will undoubtedly ship with a near stock version of android.

I'm thinking T-Mobile will release this along side the LG Optimus 2X. If so, expect me to get both on day 1!

...well as long as the tablet is wifi only. Not paying a separate plan for a tablet.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
For us Nexus S users it is quite simple, we use a wifi tether so that our tablets get data. Hopefully we can use SIM cards just so one day we can go out with no smart phone at hand, just a giant black slab that will not use our phone numbers.

Still, that would be pretty cool.. knowing T-Mobile they might just use micro SIM.

Sent from my Nexus S

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
That may be nice. I probably could do it without carrying a phone sometimes. Just a bluetooth headset. My blueant bluetooth has an android app that reads out the text messages and phone calls.

Sent from my HTC Vision

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez