Not experiencing good battery life like everyone else

agr4f

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Picked up the AT&T version this weekend. So far, I have been getting pretty poor performance out of the battery which is weird because everyone else is raving about it. Here are my current battery stats.

Battery level: 18%
Usage on battery: 15 hrs
Expected time left: 2hrs 48min
Screen time on: 1hr 50min

I have used it moderately today surfing the web and playing a couple games. The screen hasn't even been on for two hours though and it is almost dead. The thing that is taking most of my batter power (45%) is cell standby. How can I reduce this? Maybe I'm being too critical, does this seem like the normal battery life you guys are experiencing with the g2?

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Picked up the AT&T version this weekend. So far, I have been getting pretty poor performance out of the battery which is weird because everyone else is raving about it. Here are my current battery stats.

Battery level: 18%
Usage on battery: 15 hrs
Expected time left: 2hrs 48min
Screen time on: 1hr 50min

I have used it moderately today surfing the web and playing a couple games. The screen hasn't even been on for two hours though and it is almost dead. The thing that is taking most of my batter power (45%) is cell standby. How can I reduce this? Maybe I'm being too critical, does this seem like the normal battery life you guys are experiencing with the g2?

Check out the main battery thread, there is a lot of good info in there. I did a factory reset and turned off a bunch of stuff about 3 hours ago. Battery life seems better, but I will test tomorrow.

If you are that high on cell standby, that is another issue. Do you have an battery trackers like GSam battery monitor? If not, download it. What kind of cell service do you usually have?

agr4f

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Check out the main battery thread, there is a lot of good info in there. I did a factory reset and turned off a bunch of stuff about 3 hours ago. Battery life seems better, but I will test tomorrow.

If you are that high on cell standby, that is another issue. Do you have an battery trackers like GSam battery monitor? If not, download it. What kind of cell service do you usually have?

Yeah i think its weird that cell standby is that high too. I'm on a college campus and generally get pretty good service outside but sometimes it sucks inside buildings. Right now my phone has been without signal for 11% of the day, not sure if that is high. Will check out the GSam app.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
The app will tell you how many bars you have, and what percent of the time. Today I has 5 bars-24%, 4-74%, 3-2%. Report back.

agr4f

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded from an iPhone 3GS and the service is pretty much the same. It didn't seem to drain the iphone's battery nearly as much though.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That's probably BC the iPhone just gave up on trying to be useful as a phone. Insta better battery life. :X

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress