Screen protector?

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Just got my G2 today. Unfortunately, I already ran through all 3 of my screen protectors because whenever I put it on crud would get under it by accident, or the silicone case I bought from verizon would pop it up, therefor getting crud under it. Do most of you have a screen protector on it? Not sure what to do here :/

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the 3 pack from at&t. I am terrible at getting these on. I put the first one on and the phone just looked like carp with it. It looks obvious. I think I may free ball

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the Spigen Ultra Crystal, which you can get on Amazon. I had one on my last phone for two years without a single issue.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Does this have gorilla glass 2 or 3? I see both mentioned on different sites but LG site doesn't say. Don't know what to believe or even if there's a big difference in strength.

I kinda wish this phone had a bit of a lip around the glass

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Just got my G2 today. Unfortunately, I already ran through all 3 of my screen protectors because whenever I put it on crud would get under it by accident, or the silicone case I bought from verizon would pop it up, therefor getting crud under it. Do most of you have a screen protector on it? Not sure what to do here :/

I had the Verizon guy put mine on. Did a decent job, but there were a couple of dust specks I was able to get out by lifting the corner and using tape to grab the dust.

I do wish the screen protector was a tiny bit smaller. There's no room for error.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Jdt0109

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
easiest way to install and I am giving away my secret here. Wipe the screen down with the cloth that comes in the 3 pack. then take scotch tape and tape the screen to get anything off. peel the one side of the screen protector off and place it on the phone. When it is lined up push it down and secure it to the phone. take off the second part of the screen protector and work out any bubbles you have. If there is any lint or dust under there dont panic. Take a piece of scotch tape and put it on the screen protector, grab another small piece of tape and hold it. Pull the piece that is on the protector and lift up the screen protector just enough to get your other piece of tape n there and tape the dust off. Lay the screen protector back down and do that until all dust is gone. I have done this so many times. Comes out flawless.. Hope this helps...

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
With the g2 you need one a little smaller than the screen so the case wont cause the edges to come up. I just installed at&t screen protector with spigen case on and got it right the first time.
Do it in the bathroom with hot shower running to keep lint and dust down and make sure everything is clean. Preparation is the key here.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have a screen protector on my GNex for about 18 months and never got any scratches so keeping this one protector free.

Posted via Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Does this have gorilla glass 2 or 3? I see both mentioned on different sites but LG site doesn't say. Don't know what to believe or even if there's a big difference in strength.

I kinda wish this phone had a bit of a lip around the glass

GG 2

Posted via Android Central App

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I checked with Spigen a few days ago and as of yet they have no plans to manufacture their tempered glass protectors for the G2 unless they start to get a demand for them. Maybe soon. I absolutely love the one I got for my wife's S4! Anyway, I did just pre-order this one from iLoome and they are reduced price for right now which makes them a must buy! And, all the non-glass protectors really suck to the touch!!! Just sayin'

iloome LG G2 Screen Protector - Premium Flexible Glass

Enjoy :)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I checked with Spigen a few days ago and as of yet they have no plans to manufacture their tempered glass protectors for the G2 unless they start to get a demand for them. Maybe soon. I absolutely love the one I got for my wife's S4! Anyway, I did just pre-order this one from iLoome and they are reduced price for right now which makes them a must buy! And, all the non-glass protectors really suck to the touch!!! Just sayin'

iloome LG G2 Screen Protector - Premium Flexible Glass

Enjoy :)

I assume these are thicker than your traditional screen protector such as the Spigen Ultra Crystal? If so, how much thicker would you say?

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I just asked the att rep at the store if anyone was good at putting them on, hell if I am buying it they can put it on! They did an amazing job! Im happy, no more money on screen protectors, but when I was at BB today I was looking for cases and a course nothing, but they had screen protectors in the back, but he didn't say what kind, probably zagg, which I don't care for. Its GC 3, ya it will scratch if you throw it around, but if you just wipe it down, and clean it maybe once at night or every other day, you should be fine! Always worked for me, go to say sunglass hut and get their clothes, best imo! Never had a problem with my Nexus 4 or HTC one, only phone I got a slight scratch on and it was on the top right, very faint was on my note 2! Wasn't happy, but who knows, either just be careful and don't throw it around.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I assume these are thicker than your traditional screen protector such as the Spigen Ultra Crystal? If so, how much thicker would you say?

The Flex model would be equivalent to the Spigen GLAS.t NANO SLIM @ 0.15mm. And the Premium model would 0.26-0.4mm. I ordered the Flex model because I had a great experience with the NANO from Spigen. Hopefully it is good; it has to be better than those PET ones. Hopefully it gets me through until Spigen makes one or ideally it just turns out to be great on it's own!

Also, the Ultra Crystal is not glass, and these are! Once you go glass, you will never go back to those others.

Last edited:

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I swore by them in the past. Not using one on this phone. I love the glide feel without one and jump means I'll be upgrading in 6 months. No case either!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
What they need to do is develop a phone that's pure skeleton with an outer layer/skin that you throw on top. It will come with 2 stock skins and you will have your choice of aftermarket. They had this pre-iPhone era in Europe where you can stop at any kiosk and buy a cheap snap-on skin. Just up it a bit and make an option to slide on a hard glass. This is old news

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the Spigen Ultra Crystal, which you can get on Amazon. I had one on my last phone for two years without a single issue.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk
I just got my Spigen Ultra's late last week. (I had pre-ordered them on Amazon). Love the Ultra.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It looks and feels so much nicer without one. Display is sharper too. Unfortunately this screen scratches easily. I got a few on a model I returned. My gs4 didn't get a scratch at all after 6 months. I guess gg3 does make a difference

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
guys.. canned air is your friend. that's the trick for getting the dust off the screen right before you lay it down. mine always come out dust free and with no specks at all.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Blow that dust around it'll come settling back down. Tape is best friend
guys.. canned air is your friend. that's the trick for getting the dust off the screen right before you lay it down. mine always come out dust free and with no specks at all.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87