How to get knock on to work 100%

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So what's the trick? I've been tapping all around the LG logo to no avail. No on or off happens. All tapping in that area does is cause my finger to accidentally hit one of the shortcut "buttons" located above said logo.

Tapping the top notification bar is much easier as is tapping center of screen..at least on my phone.

This is just for knock on. I don't have any issue with knock off, nor do most people, most people that have issues are having issues with knock on.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh...based on that, I still have no issues with knock on at all. Of course now that I have the LG smart case, know on isn't necessary much any more. I just flip of the case and process doing what I need to do.

:)

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
LG should just allow swipe to wake like Blackberry. That's probably the most intuitive on/off feature I have ever seen on any device, followed by knock on display.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I tested it at store and it worked every time, except sometimes it turned back on right away but I think it may have something to do with the in-store demo software.
The software also had problem with Home Icon not returning to Home.

If it was impact/vibration, then it would turn on if you tap on the back or the body strong enough, but then again there is no power to the display when it is off, so there must be some other technology, maybe pressure sensor behind the screen for this feature only?

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It is ridiculous, but I find that once the double tap stops working consistently, a reboot fixes the functionality. LG?

Posted via Android Central App

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I'll share this with my wife. She's still struggling with it while using the otterbox defender, but that seems to make her phone act strange regardless. Without the case it just works.

sbe

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just received my G2 yesterday and have been playing around with knock on/off. Knocking off works perfectly but seem to have a lot of trouble knocking on. Does being in the dark have any effect on this function? For example, if I have my phone in my jacket pocket, knock on will absolutely not work. As soon as I take it fully out and into some light, it will work. Does anyone else experience this?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just received my G2 yesterday and have been playing around with knock on/off. Knocking off works perfectly but seem to have a lot of trouble knocking on. Does being in the dark have any effect on this function? For example, if I have my phone in my jacket pocket, knock on will absolutely not work. As soon as I take it fully out and into some light, it will work. Does anyone else experience this?

Yeah, the proximity sensor does have some play in everything as if you cover it when you try to knock on the screen it will turn right back off.

Posted via Android Central App

mount.zed

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Knocking near the bottom works better than in the middle of the screen. I found that knocking at the top where the notification center is works better than the bottom. (but that just could be me)

TAPPEDOUT59

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I find that it has nothing to do with Knocking ! I just touch the screen anywhere 2X. Seems like it uses the digitizer too me, not the accelerometers.

thegadgeteur

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Does Knock off only work on lockscreen? If so, that would explain why it doesn't work anywhere with the phone unlocked. If it's supposed to, well....

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Does Knock off only work on lockscreen? If so, that would explain why it doesn't work anywhere with the phone unlocked. If it's supposed to, well....

It works on any screen by tapping on top notification section or home screen on any empty space or on lock screen anywhere.

Sent from my LG-D800

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I think the phone goes into a deeper level of sleep after a bit. My knock on works great if I just turned it off, but if it's been awhile, I have to tap, pause, then double tap....Sometimes I have to tap 5 times to make it wake up.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried knock on/off with a live wallpaper they got from the play store and does it still work with it?
Thanks