G2 will wake up sometimes just by picking it up off table (After installings Google Services 4.1?)

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Noticed a new glitch and posting about it to see if anyone else has experienced it...

Just noticed the other day that when I picked up my phone from the table (screen side up) that the phone woke to home screen by itself without needing knock knock. Doesn't happen all the time... but frequent enough.

Not sure what's causing it or what app could be conflicting with the sensor? But the only thing I can think of right now is that I installed Google Play Services 4.1 on the phone the day before and maybe a few updates went through but forgot what apps got updated... Yahoo Mail, etc.

Anyone else?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah funny thing the phones been fine all day.

I've rebooted it a half a dozen times yesterday to see if some odd app or service was messing with it but it would still unlock at times when I lifted it off the table. Besides the new Google Play service I also played with some settings around that time... specifically I turned on the option to answer the phone by motioning/bringing phone to ear... which you'd think sounds like it would be related due to lifting the phone. but i would turn back off and even toggle back and forth and still it did it.

But this morning I rebooted the phone one last time and since it was at 20% battery did a full charge and it hasnt happened again since i took it off the charger.

weird.

No issues here with the latest play services

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not sure but it started happening this morning picking it up off my dresser or off the table. If not the Google Play Service update, I have to remember what app was updated recently or what setting I fooled with...

I had it on top of my ipad later this morning on my table, and took them both and walked down the hall... holding them both together by my side like you would carry a book at your side... and all of a sudden I heard the phone mention no voicemails and see the phone was on and guess my hand against phone ended up hitting the phone app and the voicemail button.

Again, somehow the phone completely skipped the lock screen and went to home screen because i didnt hear the chime it makes when you swipe open from the lock screen.

Maybe the proximity sensor?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk