Thinking of switching from Note 3 to LG G2, has anyone else done it?

phatjoe

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I've had the Note 3 for under 2 weeks now. I've pretty much adjusted to the size (coming from iphone 5), and the OS is fine. According to T Mobile policy I can exchange my phone within the first 2 weeks. The G2 is slightly more comfortable in my hands. I'm not concerned about resale value because I'm part of T Mobile's jump program.

Has anyone else made a change from the Note 3 to G2? If so, are you happy with the switch?
Any thoughts on it?

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
My battery performance is better on the G2 and I find the screen more to my liking as well

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I went from an S4 to a Note 3, to the Nexus 5 and now have and plan on sticking with the G2. I think it's one of, if not the best phone I have ever had. Great battery life, and everyday I find some new small touch that LG added that is great!

phatjoe

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, an interesting thing happened this afternoon...

Today was the last day of the 2 week period for me to return the Note 3. I got tired debating between the 2 phones and decided to keep the Note 3...UNTIL...it just died on me. No joke, half the screen of my Note 3 just went black. :-\ It's a great phone, and I may have gotten a lemon. Anyway, I saw that as a "sign". The folks at T-Mobile were very helpful, and set me up with a G2. :)

With the Note 3, I found that I had to make slight changes in the way I carried the phone, held the phone, etc. The G2 fits better in my hand, pocket, etc. It snappier than the Note 3, and I find the indoor pictures to be a bit better (just based on 1 day of indoor photos).

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on the phone. Give it a few days and let us know your impressions

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

phatjoe

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay I've had my G2 for one week, and I wanted to give my first impressions. As mentioned I was debating between the Note 3 for a G2. I had the Note 3, which died on me.

All I can say is WOW! :) I find the G2 to be much more manageable than the Note 3. I have big hands, and I still had a hard time with it. I felt myself making accommodations for the phone (I hope that makes sense). The G2 is much more comfortable in my pocket, MUCH easier to operator with one hand, and I find the OS to be snappier. Probably the most notable difference is the battery life. The battery life on the the G2 it simply phenomenal.

I'm fine with G2's operating system, but I did find the auto correction feature of the Note 3 to be better. But overall, I'm lovin' this phone. :D

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've tried both, the Note 3 was the better device IMO. Then again, your not me and I'm not you. So pick which ever one fits you best.

Nairolf De

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I also swiched, about 2 month ago. My Note 3 was really poorly processed and after about 3 weeks the battery inflated. So I sold it and bought the G2, now I'm happy :)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using AC Forums mobile app

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Can you guys tell me how you use it and manage space with apps and pictures and videos I wanna switch but I take a bunch of pictures and tons of apps

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Can you guys tell me how you use it and manage space with apps and pictures and videos I wanna switch but I take a bunch of pictures and tons of apps

Space? You mean storage? The phone comes with 32 gigs. Then you have Box if you need it. Personally I don't

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah storage. I thought the store only has the 16 gb. I'm going to have to double check

Sometimes it helps if you mention your location or carrier, all the U.S. variants are 32GB devices. If my choice was a Note 3 with 16GB and expandable storage or a 16GB G2 my choice might be different. Id certainly have to think about it a bit. That said, 32GB is plenty for my daily needs and I love my G2 way more useable for me then the Note 3. I do miss my Galaxy gear tho :(

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that. Im in the US heading to sprint. If they have a 32 option I'll get it I am currently on t-mobile with galaxy s4

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that. Im in the US heading to sprint. If they have a 32 option I'll get it I am currently on t-mobile with galaxy s4

I just returned my Sprint G2, they only have 32GB models. Black or white is the only choice. I picked up a Verizon branded model on craigslist cheap
and am using it on At&t at the moment.. Wireless charging was the only thing I really missed when I switched to the G2, now I have it all hehe. Good luck, hope the phone works as well for you as it has for me!

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
What phone do you have now

I still have a G2, I just picked up a Verizon branded one off craigslist and ported over to AT&T. I had no issues with the G2 on Sprint, aside from their incredibly slow 3g. I do love the wireless charging on the Verizon one tho, and being unlocked and able to get LTE on either AT&T or Tmobile is an awesome bonus.