Longtime Note user bored with 10+. Thinking of making the switch to iPhone

onlybuilt1906

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
OP Here...

So, after keeping the 11 Pro Max for 14 Days, returning it and buying it again to get another 14 days, I gotta say, iOS is something special. Fun, super user friendly and just clean. Whether it be Air Dropping photos with my girlfriend, Facetiming my family or having fun with my Memoji (again, with and only with my girlfriend), the iPhone 11 Max Pro was a delight.

That being said, with today being my 14th and last day to return it again, I did just that and am back in my Note 8. The speech-to-text was atrocious, Siri couldn't hold Google Assistant's jockstrap on her best day and at the end of the day, I just needed my basic functionality back. The thing about iPhones is that everyone has them. EVERYONE. I'm sure I'll miss certain features, but I'll probably go pick up a Note 10+ in the morning and take it back around Black Friday if any really killer deals are out there.

Again, iPhone is crisp, clean, super user friendly and just fun. Cannot deny that whatsoever, but at the end of the day, I just missed Samsung.

Last edited:

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
So, after keeping the 11 Pro Max for 14 Days, returning it and buying it again to get another 14 days, I gotta say, iOS is something special. Fun, super user friendly and just clean. Whether it be Air Dropping photos with my girlfriend, Facetiming my family or having fun with my Memoji (again, with and only with my girlfriend), the iPhone 11 Max Pro was a delight.

That being said, with today being my 14th and last day to return it again, I did just that and am back in my Note 8. The speech-to-text was atrocious, Siri couldn't hold Google Assistant's jockstrap on her best day and at the end of the day, I just needed my basic functionality back. The thing about iPhones is that everyone has them. EVERYONE. I'm sure I'll miss certain features, but I'll probably go pick up a Note 10+ in the morning and take it back around Black Friday if any really killer deals are out there.

Again, iPhone is crisp, clean, super user friendly and just fun. Cannot deny that whatsoever, but at the end of the day, I just missed Samsung.

Last week I went and bought an iPhone pro max. I still have my note 10+ though.

My work phone recently got upgraded from a 5c to an XR. And that upgrade really blew my mind because prior to the upgrade I detested iOS and iPhones.

The main thing that changed my perception was their version of Face ID. I work in construction so it’s always been a huge problem with fingerprint sensors. My hands are always dirty and sometimes I couldn’t even unlock my android phones. (Been a diehard android user since the og droid).

Their Face ID is just perfect. And I feel so much more secure using it. Not just for unlocking the phone but across the board on all my banking , credit card apps. The way wallet is so cohesively tied into the phone makes purchasing seamless.

Things i like better on the pro max vs the note:
-All and every app I use is smoother, better looking
-battery life is about 30% better
-I know longer have to worry about updates (in just 1 week already received 2)
-no carrier bloat!!
-scrolling or reading on any site, or within an app never stutters(note 10 did)
-camera is noticeably quicker , I’d say quality of actual photos is a little better
-audio blows away the note
-I just feel so much safer in the iOS ecosystem

Things I miss about android :
-Nova!
-my s pen- but i hardly use it

The number one thing that’s driving me insane is not being able to have widgets and the nice uncluttered home screen. But I’m slowly getting on without. I’m getting older and the need to constantly tweet and tinker has gotten less over the years. At the end of the day my phones purpose is to do all the things I need to do and it does.

The pros for me far outweigh the cons.

Android has come such a long way, but it will never be the cohesive experience of iOS. It can’t be! Because they’ve given the keys to anyone and everyone who wants to develop a phone.
Yes they have some guidelines (I’m also an android developer) but there’s just too many variables to get that cohesive experience.

Peace out!

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have both phones.....the Note 10+ and 11Pro Max. Love them both for different reasons.
I can relate to the OP and getting bore with a phone. That is why i have both. I get bore with one phone i swap sims and go onto the next phone.
This setup works very well for me. There are some things the Note 10+ plus does so much better than IOS and the iphone. The there are things the 11 Pro max does so much better than Android and the Note 10+. Both phones are great and IMHO this is the perfect setup....having both to switch back and forth to.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
True. Hopefully they will fix that. On the other hand you have Apple and Google, where features that people want are not included at all (or in Google’s case they just get the battery life wrong).

:(

This is where I am torn.
As far as “features people want”, do they really? How many people and how many features? Piling on features eventually makes the phone cluttered and difficult to use. The one thing about iOS, for example, or a Pixel phone is they are clean which makes a much smoother and, for many of us, enjoyable experience.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I have been debating switching too. The cost to go from a used note 10 plus to an 11 pro max is significant. Used to used it's at least 350. Used to new is worse. Closer to 500. I'm not sure the iphone offers that much more value. I would miss the screen and the better audio codecs from samsung. And I hate the cluttered home screen. I switched to the note because ios is just stupidly boring. I'm sure within a month I would conclude the same. That said, I am drawn to that green pro max. Just looks badass.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I continue with my iPhone X and my Note10+, using both when I feel the need to swap. Best setup. Now I'm typing in the Note. In some minutes I'll go outside, when I won't need all this screen, so I'll change my SIM for my iPhone. Both are great devices. Couldn't be more satisfied.

raggdoll

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
I recently switched from an iPhone 7+. I've been using iPhones since they became available in Canada in July of 2008.

If your bored with the Note 10, you'll die of boredom with the iPhone. No customization capabilities make it pretty bland to use.

areyes1631

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
I switched from the pro max to the note 10. About the only thing I miss really is the battery life. The battery life in the pro max is amazing. It's crazy good.

But for the money the overall package offered by the note 10 plus for me is better. I'll sacrifice battery life for all the features I enjoy more on the Note.

Everyone's milage will vary of course. Good luck with the choice. Both a great devices.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I find the note to be the best and fastest device to date for me. I also own a new iPhone 11 as a second line which is a close second to the note just not nearly as fast. For me the note just works so well the UI kills Apples IOS in so many ways. But Apple kills android as far as watches go I tried both and ended up with the Apple Watch. What they say about Apple “ it just works” is so true when it comes to how well their iPhone and watch functions. It’s nice to have both Apple and android but in a few years I will only need one device and will have to make a decision on which to carry.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Note 10+ for about a month now after being in a Note 8 since September of 2017, a S7 and a Note 4 Edge prior to that. I have the unlocked version on AT&T and truthfully, I'm just not wowed with it. Great display and typical Android/Note amenities, but at the end of the day, I'm just bored with it as it's not that big of a jump from my Note 8.

I've never had an iPhone though I'm surrounded by them by colleagues and family. My main number is a Google number which I'm not going to get rid of, so I know I'll never really get to reap the benefits of iMessage, losing the stylus and trading in the flexibility of Android Pay to Apple Pay...and my paid apps as well.

The iPhone 11 Max Pro is looking nice right about now just as something different. I'm not a specs geek so much as I am all about experience. I'm not looking for someone to talk me off the ledge, but: a) Is anyone else feeling this way? and b) Is there any major compromise that I'm missing?

Don't do it!!

I get to play around with her iPhone 11 pro from her job. You're going to miss the note 10 plus!!

But go ahead to each his own.

wbcolon

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Note 10 plus and an iPhone 11 pro max. When I get bored I swap my sim back and forth. They're both great in their own right, but I have to say for the record, the iPhone triggers pwm headaches in my case. I can't look at it for too long or i get a headache and the muscles under my eyes twitch. First time it's ever happened. I don't get that when I'm using the note. Only thing that sucks is lack of an equally good smart watch for the samsung.

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
You can get the iPhone but you say you're bored with the Note than you'll be really bored with iOS. Try it to see if it works for you. You can use both.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I picked up an 11 Pro Max yesterday. Still have my N10+. I'm going to use the iPhone for a week or two before deciding. It really is looking to be a tough call. The Note is objectively superior in many areas. The screen real estate is noticeable. It is easier to handle despite being bigger. Sleeker. More modern. Feature packed. Interestingly, the iPhone screen looks brighter to me in everyday use. The iPhone just works. It is smoother. Animations are top notch where the Note animations stutter even at .5x. A lot of my home stuff is apple so it makes life a little easier. A big issue for me is battery life. My note gets me through a day provided I used dark mode. Today is day 2 so I haven't tested battery yet but most are reporting its a 2 day phone. I'd love to keep them both but $2000 in phones seems excessive ...

FeinP1118

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have both. iPhone XS and Pixel 3XL. Great phones but I'm bored. I had a Note 8 and had it set up like a Google phone, so switched to Pixel.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I picked up an 11 Pro Max yesterday. Still have my N10+. I'm going to use the iPhone for a week or two before deciding. It really is looking to be a tough call. The Note is objectively superior in many areas. The screen real estate is noticeable. It is easier to handle despite being bigger. Sleeker. More modern. Feature packed. Interestingly, the iPhone screen looks brighter to me in everyday use. The iPhone just works. It is smoother. Animations are top notch where the Note animations stutter even at .5x. A lot of my home stuff is apple so it makes life a little easier. A big issue for me is battery life. My note gets me through a day provided I used dark mode. Today is day 2 so I haven't tested battery yet but most are reporting its a 2 day phone. I'd love to keep them both but $2000 in phones seems excessive ...
Best 2 phones on market. I think you will end up with apple just because you have other apple products in your life. Me on the other hand have everything Google. So while would love to get an 11 pro max, I really have no interest in getting pulled into apples eco system. I like my Android.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Best 2 phones on market. I think you will end up with apple just because you have other apple products in your life. Me on the other hand have everything Google. So while would love to get an 11 pro max, I really have no interest in getting pulled into apples eco system. I like my Android.

My biggest peeve with iOS is the lack of an app drawer. I HATE a cluttered home screen.

Having an iPhone when family does makes everything a little easier. The screen is really impressive. My note has some yellow tint and was a little dim in comparison.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Best two phone out right now IMO... 11 Pro Max / Note 10+

I keep my iOS clean as can be .. don't like clutter on home screen20191117_213120.jpeg20191117_213207.jpeg20191117_213216.jpeg20191117_213131.jpeg20191117_213149.jpeg20191117_213156.jpeg

daninbluemd

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Most people use their phone as a tool for sending or receiving information of various sorts. The world's supply of interesting information is inexhaustible, so that never gets old.

But some users--especially here in these forums--are primarily interested in the phone itself as a source of entertainment. They enjoy the process of configuring the phone, modifying its software or even just its visual presentation, buying decorative accessories for it, etc. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

If someone considers the phone itself to be a source of entertainment, then when they start running out of new tweaks to try, they can get bored.

I get that - It's a new toy. To me it's strictly a tool that I use all day and as I said, to me there's the Note and everything else. The first time I saw somebody with one (a Note 2 or 3) I knew I had to have one. I got one of the 1st Note 4's my local Verizon store got in and it was the 1st phone I really "took to" and customized, put music on, etc.

I'll date myself here and mobile tech certainly went through a decade of unbelievable advancements but the Note was everything and more that I'd ever dreamed a Palm-Pilot could be.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz