Anyone thinking of moving to s22 ultra from z fold 3?

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Advice please! I'm torn about turning in my Fold Z3 for the S22 Ultra. I have been having calling issues with Tmobile. Very frustrating. I have been working on a resolution for the past two weeks. I have tried everything with Samsung and Tmobile. They both acknowledged that there is a problem but don't know why it is happening. I even had the problem on my previous note 20 ultra but not as bad as the Fold. I am also seeing that some people are experiencing inner screen issues along the crease after alot of use, although Samsung is repairing this under warranty.

I can trade in the Fold, get a $250 Samsung store credit. Final cost $277 more.
Pros S22
Newer processor
Silo for S pen better features
Newer Gorilla Glass
Better Camera's
Better battery life / 45w charging
Durable phone.
Newer 5G antenna - hopefully better connection.

Pros FOLD Z3
Folding to tablet form. So cool! Easy to read!
Better multitasking
Easy to carry around

I know it's probably a preference for most people. Any advice / thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I have read some articles about the s²² Series being better at maintaining connection.

However it's a personal choice at the end of the day.

I've enjoyed my Fold³ but I miss the Note line.

So I've bought the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra and am using the Fold ³ at home as a mini tablet.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Advice please! I'm torn about turning in my Fold Z3 for the S22 Ultra. I have been having calling issues with Tmobile. Very frustrating. I have been working on a resolution for the past two weeks. I have tried everything with Samsung and Tmobile. They both acknowledged that there is a problem but don't know why it is happening. I even had the problem on my previous note 20 ultra but not as bad as the Fold. I am also seeing that some people are experiencing inner screen issues along the crease after alot of use, although Samsung is repairing this under warranty.

Pros S22
Newer processor
Newer Gorilla Glass
Better Camera's
Durable phone.

Pros FOLD Z3
Better multitasking
Easy to carry around

Thank you in advance!
The TMobile community shared a fix with the connection issues since last update in this thread.

Tried it this morning. Will see if it fixes the issue. Some says it did, some said it didn't. Mine was not too bad to behind with so many take me a while to determine.

https://community.t-mobile.com...ues-with-galaxy-z-fold-3-41187

BUT, At the end of the day your preference should be would you rather have a fold or slab? I miss my Notes, had one ever since Note 2. BUT my eyes are getting old and the fold helps me more right now. Also, I find I can use SPLIT SCREEN mode better on the fold than on the Note. I also had the Tab s7 with my last Note 10+ and didn't use it that much so sold it and the Note 10+ to get the z fold 3.

So for now sticking with the fold. But you need to do what you want. Either phone is good and I will tell you I was tempted to look at the s22 ultra but held off for now. I also have a problem of always wanting the latest greatest and trying to break myself of that.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site

Pros S22
Newer processor
Newer Gorilla Glass
Better Camera's
Durable phone.

Pros FOLD Z3
Better multitasking
Easy to carry around

Thank you in advance!

Samsung has a 14 day return policy with no restocking fees. Pre-order it and play with it side by side with the Fold3 and make your decision. If you don't like it then return it that's what I'm doing.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't say I haven't been tempted on getting a s22u. Not necessarily move from but add to my inventory of phones. However, I am trying hard to hold out on ZF4..

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't say I haven't been tempted on getting a s22u. Not necessarily move from but add to my inventory of phones. However, I am trying hard to hold out on ZF4..
If you like the folding phones I would say wait it out. The folding phones have a lot more updates coming, not just camera improvements or gimmicks. I'm forcing myself to wait, it's hard, nice new shiny toy. I feel myself in reality it's not really much different then the Note 20 Ultra. Not to mention I would lose the under screen camera and that was a instant no for me on the 22. I would pay $200 custom fee for having no front camera, but the under screen camera is a good compromise and I'm seeing rumors already that the under screen camera on the fold 4 is suppose to have improvements. I don't care about those improvements, just keep the under screen, but if they can make it better for the ones that use it then great news.

Unless you like buying phones all the time I would wait. I'm limiting myself to once a year so I'm waiting. I will be buying a new fold next release. Fold 4 if they keep the under screen camera, fold 3 for spare if they drop the under screen, that's how important the under screen camera is for me.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I am keeping my Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 and I traded in my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and Pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 512gb in Phantom Black.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I am keeping my Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 and I traded in my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and Pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 512gb in Phantom Black.
Look forward to seeing how you like the S22 ultra. I couldn't afford to trade my fold 3 in so keeping it for now and holding off any new phones.

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

Pros S22
Newer processor
Newer Gorilla Glass
Better Camera's
Durable phone.

Pros FOLD Z3
Better multitasking
Easy to carry around

Thank you in advance!

I truly believe once you trade in that fold 3 you're going to miss it badly when it's gone. A slab is a slab we used for years. Foldable you won't experience it anywhere else.

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm on TMobile and fold3 was having issues after android 12. Tmobile took it back and gave me a s21 ultra as a place holder until the s22 is delivered. I'm a power bull****ter not power user. The fold3 was overkill in the things I use a cellphone for. Nothing bad to say about fold3 just found it wasn't for me and TMobile gave me a opportunity to switch back for free.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I truly believe once you trade in that fold 3 you're going to miss it badly when it's gone. A slab is a slab we used for years. Foldable you won't experience it anywhere else.
I agree. I did get the S22 Ultra after a lot of deliberation. Do I think the S22 Ultra is the best phone out there, no, will it be my daily driver, no. I'm keeping my fold 3 and that will remain my daily driver. With Verizon's $1,000 trade in this will make a cheap back up as I don't have one right now, and I can't buy a used newer phone cheaper then that on Swappa. I will be getting the fold 4 if they make good improvements, dust resistant will be at the top of improvement list. and keep the under screen camera.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

Pros S22
Newer processor
Newer Gorilla Glass
Better Camera's
Durable phone.

Pros FOLD Z3
Better multitasking
Easy to carry around

Thank you in advance!

The S22 Ultra seems like an iterative upgrade to the Note 20 Ultra. After owning the Z Fold 3, I find the S22 Ultra to be really boring. I've watched several review videos of the device and there's nothing in it to entice me to move over from the Z Fold 3 to the S22 Ultra. Even the 5,000mAh battery seems to be lackluster in the S22 Ultra.

If you want the wow factor, grab the Z Fold 3. If you want a device that's the same old, same old tried and true, grab the S22 Ultra.

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Like you, I am on the fence. But after all the connection problems I have been having with my Z Fold 3 with Tmobile I am excited to see how this new 5G antenna works in the S22. I will try out both phones when it comes in and keep the one I like best!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Like you, I am on the fence. But after all the connection problems I have been having with my Z Fold 3 with Tmobile I am excited to see how this new 5G antenna works in the S22. I will try out both phones when it comes in and keep the one I like best!
I understand your thoughts. I was also having connection problems on T-Mobile but seems like mine is better since the last update. Let us know which one you decide on.

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I ultimately went for the S22 Ultra and just got mine today. I'd keep the Fold 3 if I didn't need to trade in for affordability. (I'm going to miss reading websites not optimized for mobile on the inner screen.) If Samsung figures out dust resistance, I'll be back. Between the all the time I spend at the beach in the summer and no way to avoid pocket lint without doing the case within a pouch thing, dust resistance is a must. My other concern was lack of an integrated S-Pen but it sounds like Samsung is working on this for the Fold 4.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I ultimately went for the S22 Ultra and just got mine today. I'd keep the Fold 3 if I didn't need to trade in for affordability. (I'm going to miss reading websites not optimized for mobile on the inner screen.) If Samsung figures out dust resistance, I'll be back. Between the all the time I spend at the beach in the summer and no way to avoid pocket lint without doing the case within a pouch thing, dust resistance is a must. My other concern was lack of an integrated S-Pen but it sounds like Samsung is working on this for the Fold 4.
Understand

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Working on Spen silo at cost of battery. Not sure I like that. I'm actually ok with the Spen case I have, but would prefer silo, but find a way to get 5,000 MAH battery and silo. Samsung, reading this, accept the challenge.