Vzw upgrade assistant help:(

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Im trying to get the new kit kat from the pc software upgrade assistant and for some reason i can get installed but the software is not seeing the device. It tells me to unplug and reconnect the phone to get it to work but that is not working. I uninstalled the software from the pc and reinstalled it but with no luck;(
PS: even though i got it disabled why is avast saying there is a virus in this software?

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Under PC Connection on the phone, set it to internet connection > Ethernet. Then plug it in to your PC.

Posted via Android Central App

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Well do, im gonna try as soon as i get out of work... Wonder why they dont say this stuff in the program thats why people struggle...

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't work for me, even if I put it in media mode, the upgrade assistant automatically changes it to the internet connection mode. But then it never gets past checking device info.

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I got it to work, i downloaded the lastest usb drivers from LG website on there support window click downloads and manuals then it well ask you for a model number lgvs980 the top one is verizon and then click on software update and install the lastest usb drivers

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I was having a ton of issues with getting the software to update my phone. Patience is a virtue, I just checked the OTA, and I got a 600MB+ file downloading right now! :)

I own a white model G2, and it's an awesome device!

Bryan Barcroft

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I cannot seem to get the installer to run. The problem is the phone won't stayed connected as an installer. I don't even have the option to connect as installer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87