Sprint LG G2 Nexus Root?

gorosz

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. What I would like to do is take my Spring LG G2 and turn it into a Nexus, with access to the hot spot feature. That's it. I just want pure Android & access to the built in features of my phone without having to pay Sprint any more money to use my phone as a hot spot. The internet is a big place and I just can't seem to find exactly what I want, so I'm looking for some help.

Thanks.

G

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm on LS980ZVD.

Taking a guess here, but you would have to roll back the device to that prior build version in order to flash Cyanogen. I am not familiar with how to do that, but I would guess you can easily find YouTube videos on how to. You would also have to root and flash a custom Recovery to your device. Some of this stuff should not really be taken lightly, and this is nothing to be rushed. I would honestly begin by watching some root videos first (as like I said, it is required to do before even flashing Cyanogen).

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Addendum: I am not trying to scare you into not rooting or flashing ROMs (all of my devices are at least rooted). I am just trying to get you to fully realize the situation you are talking about:
-This will void your OS warranty
-There is a possibility your device can be bricked

I will help as much as I can, but I am unfamiliar with LG devices and how they tick in regard to rooting.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Damn, and I was hoping there would be an easy option. Lol

“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

gorosz

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I'm not scared about it, or worried about the warranty. I used to work at Sprint and they will swap out a phone even if you brick it. Altering the software doesn't void the hardware warranty. Will just rooting it give me access to the hot spot feature? I'd be ok with that & staying with the stock LG software. Their software isn't that bad & there isn't a ton of bloatware on the phone. It's not like I'm dying for extra space. I just prefer the pure Android OS. But if I could get access to my hot spot, I would be happy with that.

gorosz

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I want access to the hot spot when I'm not around wifi I can use it with my other devices. I don't feel I should have to pay my carrier to use a feature that's built into my phone which they chose to lock. I pay for unlimited data & shouldn't be blocked from using it. I'm going to check out XDA Developers to see what they have on rooting the G2, some Youtube videos too. Someone out there has to have some good info on this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non