Lollipop popup dialog everytime wifi connects?

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've upgraded to stock Lollipop on the D801 and noticing that every time I connect to wifi, there's a popup dialog saying:

"Wi-Fi Connected
You are now connected to "___" Wi-Fi Network
When you see this symbol at the top of your screen you are able to use your device for calling and messaging even if you have no ceullar coverage"

Buttons: "Skip" or "Learn More"

I've clicked both but the dialog never remembers that I've clicked before and shows it every time. Is this normal? I rooted my right after upgrading and removed some bloatware, I'm wondering if I removed something that normally 'registers' that I've seen this dialog once and doesn't show it anymore.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Figured it out, I'll share my findings in case someone reaches this thread by search. There are 3 services related to TMobile's wifi calling feature:

1. com.movial.wificall
2. com.movial.ipprovider
3. com.movial.ipservice

I had 'pm disable com.movial.ipprovider' as root, but not #1 & #3. BTW disabling #3 will force close the phone app when on wifi because LG or Tmobile in their not-so-good software programming practices, tied the internal phone app to their 3rd party bloatware. So I left all 3 services enabled, but disabled wifi calling in the settings since I use Google Hangouts for that already. That got rid of the constant popups.