Questions for Current G3 Owners

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I am about to upgrade in 3 weeks and thinking seriously about the G3. To help me decide I have a few questions that were not answered with the many reviews I have seen.

1. Does the camera have burst mode? This is when you hold down the shutter button and the camera takes a secession of several photos in a second.

2. I have heard mix reviews on the screen. Is the lack of contrast noticeable? I know it is harder to see in daylight than some other phones but how much? Can you still see enough to do stuff, read text make calls? What is your overall impression of the screen?

3. There have been reports of the phone getting hot and giving warnings about it and the phone brightness being dimmed. Have you experienced this?

4. Can you have multiple lock screen widgets when there is a security lock enabled (ie. pin, password, face unlock, knock code ect.)? Samsung galaxy does not allow this but Nexus does.

5. Any worries about the phone being updated to with new android versions? LG has not had a good track record. Are they changing this. My S3 was updated fairly regularly and well supported. It has KitKat. Will LG abandon the phone after 10 month? I am happy with update 6 to 8 months after Google releases a new version of android.

A groovy thanks in advance for your answers.

Wiitard12

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
1.Yep, you have to do it from the normal camera interface though(theres two interfaces...the simple one where a single tap will focus and take the picture and the usual mode with the camera button and settings and stuff)

2. As someone coming from an S3 , the screen looks AMAZING to me, so other than that lol, I don't know what to tell you. I could see the screen well in sunlight also.

3. I have not experienced this at all yet, I've been on it nearly none stop since I got it at like 2 today(just had to charge once because it came with like 40%) and no problems here, thankfully. The phone only got hot for me in the process of switching from dalvik to ART, then it quickly cooled down.

4. Yep

5.I don't think LG is gonna abandon this phone after 10 months, especially since this is the flagship device. I see this being supported as long as other devices. And remember the LG G2 was pretty much LG's first BIG Android phone, and on top of that Android devices are being supported longer lately. I think they are getting better.

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I am about to upgrade in 3 weeks and thinking seriously about the G3. To help me decide I have a few questions that were not answered with the many reviews I have seen.

1. Does the camera have burst mode? This is when you hold down the shutter button and the camera takes a secession of several photos in a second.

2. I have heard mix reviews on the screen. Is the lack of contrast noticeable? I know it is harder to see in daylight than some other phones but how much? Can you still see enough to do stuff, read text make calls? What is your overall impression of the screen?

3. There have been reports of the phone getting hot and giving warnings about it and the phone brightness being dimmed. Have you experienced this?

4. Can you have multiple lock screen widgets when there is a security lock enabled (ie. pin, password, face unlock, knock code ect.)? Samsung galaxy does not allow this but Nexus does.

5. Any worries about the phone being updated to with new android versions? LG has not had a good track record. Are they changing this. My S3 was updated fairly regularly and well supported. It has KitKat. Will LG abandon the phone after 10 month? I am happy with update 6 to 8 months after Google releases a new version of android.

A groovy thanks in advance for your answers.

1) Yep, hold down the shutter and away you go!

2) Screen has been great outside for me, but no guarantees as it's been rather cloudy where I'm at.

3) Yeah and it sucks. Took down my brightness and gave warning 15 minutes into use!

4) Yes you can set multiple widgets.

5) It think this is gonna be one of the most supported flagships but that's just my opinion.

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
1) Yep, hold down the shutter and away you go!

2) Screen has been great outside for me, but no guarantees as it's been rather cloudy where I'm at.

3) Yeah and it sucks. Took down my brightness and gave warning 15 minutes into use!

4) Yes you can set multiple widgets.

5) It think this is gonna be one of the most supported flagships but that's just my opinion.

Do you if G3 has same camera modes like G2? Can u please take a screen shot of it and paste it here?

Posted via Android Central App

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you if G3 has same camera modes like G2? Can u please take a screen shot of it and paste it here?

Posted via Android Central App
vy9ehu9e.jpg
yjy3use5.jpg
aty5yhuh.jpg
dame5yre.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer