Using the G3 with my Mac?

uno mas

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
For transferring photos to/from the G3 (or other android phone) and your computer, this $1.99 app works great over wifi. You d/l the app to your phone and then go to their web site and download the computer app to your system. There are others available, but I'm extremely pleased with the speed and ease of use of this one. Mac and Windows.

Photo Transfer App - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.phototransfer&token=4hiPGzEs

:cool:

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Any luck fedxup? Cause i sure havent had any.

Rebooted with the phone connected, launched AFT and it connected right away. Transferred around 5500 songs in about 30 minutes. Thanks to whoever suggested that!
Unfortunately, Play Music does not like the way I have my music labelled at all. I've been using iTunes for about 9 years now (though I've never actually purchased any music from there) and everything was configured properly there as Artist>Record>Song. I listed to mainly hardcore and punk and I have a ton of records where I just have the title as like 7" or demo. When I selected a band that has a recorded titled as "demo", I get every "demo" listing. I'm going to give a few other players a shot to see how they work.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Rebooted with the phone connected, launched AFT and it connected right away. Transferred around 5500 songs in about 30 minutes. Thanks to whoever suggested that!
Unfortunately, Play Music does not like the way I have my music labelled at all. I've been using iTunes for about 9 years now (though I've never actually purchased any music from there) and everything was configured properly there as Artist>Record>Song. I listed to mainly hardcore and punk and I have a ton of records where I just have the title as like 7" or demo. When I selected a band that has a recorded titled as "demo", I get every "demo" listing. I'm going to give a few other players a shot to see how they work.

So do you have to reboot it connected everytime or can you now connect to AFT when the computer is already on?

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site
So do you have to reboot it connected everytime or can you now connect to AFT when the computer is already on?

Looks like you need to reboot each time. I disconnected it after transferring the music folder. I connected again just now and launched AFT and got the original message of "Android Device Not Found".

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Looks like you need to reboot each time. I disconnected it after transferring the music folder. I connected again just now and launched AFT and got the original message of "Android Device Not Found".

Super odd! I just tried the rebooting method when plugged in and the first time AFT wouldnt read it so i tried a second time and it connected. Im wondering if its Mavericks on the mac that is complicating things.

Well i guess rebooting with it plugged in is better than not connecting at all.

Looks like ill keep the G3 afterall since theres a work around to transferring files without having to do the OTA method. But yes i get the same message as you when i tried to do it the regular way afterwards an still it says not found.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Nice! As long as I can get ATF to work even if I have to restart my iMac I'll take it. I'm not a fan of OEM's sync software, like with hTc it was a PITA to use.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Nice! As long as I can get ATF to work even if I have to restart my iMac I'll take it. I'm not a fan of OEM's sync software, like with hTc it was a PITA to use.

Yeah im with you on that! Its better than not being able to connect an transfer.

Yeah the Htc software i never did like much even though its updated now it still is a pain thats for sure! LG software i never tried along with other OEM software.

I'll just stick with AFT since its simple and quick.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I never had to reboot either device and it's worked for me. I believe I did have to reconnect the phone though. What's odd is that I was trying to load a ROM onto the sd card in my M8 but AFT would not work with that phone so I used the G3 instead.

Posted via Android Central App

ranger29

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I just use Diskovery and copy files wirelessly

This worked perfectly for me. Took 2 minutes. I'm Snow Leopard, will see how things go when I upgrade to Mavericks in a week or so.

EDIT: It worked, I can see the phone, but can't actually move files over to the phone's internal storage (say, wallpaper to the folder where all the other wallpaper is that I've downloaded from the Play Store). They were in wallpapercasa > download. I can move files from the phone to my compy. FWIW, I don't have my SD card installed yet.

EDIT again: There is an option in Diskovery called "Activate write support." When you click it, a popup window appears asking you to pay $1.32 (billed to my Verizon account) for "Write Support Addon (Diskovery - Wifi File)". I have not clicked on this. When I do a search in the Play Store, I cannot find anything like this. ?

Last edited:

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I use iSyncr. It handles iTunes wirelessly via a WiFi connection. I have been using it for a couple years now. Two way sync and easy. It works similar to the way an iphone connects and syncs wirelessly. It can be set up for manual sync or at a specific time each day.

I also use Drop box for photo upload. I have an automator that auto loads drop box uploads into iPhoto. You can also use isyncr for photos if you want.

Posted via Android Central App

ranger29

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I just use Diskovery and copy files wirelessly

I got Diskovery working (love it), but I finally got my SD card in and it only sees internal storage, not the card. Did you pay for the "Write Support" add-on? Maybe this would let me get to the SC card?

Ricky Day

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem. Im pretty sure its Mavericks. God I hate Mavericks. The worst is QuickTime player on Mavericks...every QT that i try to play it has to convert and make a new file before it can play...what a F'in pain in the ***.

Anyway, thanks the restart with phone connected worked for me as well finally.

ranger29

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem. Im pretty sure its Mavericks. God I hate Mavericks. The worst is QuickTime player on Mavericks...every QT that i try to play it has to convert and make a new file before it can play...what a F'in pain in the ***.

Anyway, thanks the restart with phone connected worked for me as well finally.

I hate Mavericks too. You'd think after being out a year they would have fixed all the stupid stuff. I just upgraded a couple weeks ago, may go back to Snow Leopard. For now, I'm plugging in the G3 with a USB and using Android File Transfer to get stuff off my sd card.

Vincent Sauve

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I am having success transferring my music files to my verizon LG G3 by way of my micro SD card and an SD card adapter. I insert that combo directly into the SD slot on my Mac mini.

It is kind of slow at what I guess to be about one megabyte per second. Trying to see it there is a faster way I put the micro SD card back in to the phone and plugged in the USB cable to the Mac. That didn't work. That is why I came to this forum. I haven't found the answer yet for USB cable connection but in the meantime the solution above does work and the album folders look good on the phone. I played from the phone one or two songs and everything seems good.

I should add that I highlight the album I want one at a time and drag it to the SD card icon on the Mac screen. If I drag too much at a time it kind of chokes the process.

Vince :)

Last edited:

MuseStricken

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
For anyone still dealing with this, I've got a method that hasn't been tried in this thread.

Even though I found it said quite a few places that the LG G3 drivers were required for AFT to work, I went through the LG site and opened their Manuals page for the phone. If you switch over to Software Update to find the drivers, there is a little side-note that says if you install the drivers, AFT won't work!

LG-Silliness.jpg

I have been trying everything in this thread to get my phone connected to my MacBook Pro and none of it worked, but as soon as I uninstalled the LG drivers it popped up automatically the second I plugged it in. So... if you are still having this not-recognized error, try uninstalling the drivers, rebooting, then reconnecting the phone with AFT up. That's what finally (and frustratingly) worked for me.

Karpov Kachinzski

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
If after connecting your G3 to Mac, nothing is happening here are the simple steps to solve this issue:

1) Drag down the notification bar, and click on MTP Device.
2) A popup should flash with Install PC programs on your mobile screen.
3) Click on OK and quickly check the Finder window on your Mac. You should see LG Suite mounted. This happens for a short time before it goes away. You have to quickly click the LG Suite mount and then double click on Install PC Programs.app to start the launcher. There will be a install button inside the LG suite launcher. Click Install to start installing the LG PC suite. Let the install finish by keeping the screen alive all the time during the installation. Screen off can cause issues with installation.

4) When installation of PC Suite is complete, you can now launch LG PC suite after connecting your LG G3 and transfer files easily.

Here's a screenshot of my LG G3: If the above method don't work and fail to download LG PC Suite, then download it manually http(dot-slash-slash)www(dot)lg(dot)com(slash)in(slash)support(slash)pc(slash)suite. Please be clear about this: AFT (Android File Transfer) won't work when PC Suite is connected. So
View attachment 157237

Hope this helps.

- Shushobhan

Last edited:

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: Well i got my G3 yesterday and downloaded AFT and it looks like they finally updated it. It works flawlessly for me well with my mac :D

chamoute

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I have been trying everything in this thread to get my phone connected to my MacBook Pro and none of it worked, but as soon as I uninstalled the LG drivers it popped up automatically the second I plugged it in. So... if you are still having this not-recognized error, try uninstalling the drivers, rebooting, then reconnecting the phone with AFT up. That's what finally (and frustratingly) worked for me.

After a lot of frustrating tries I used your method: I uninstalled LG drivers, rebooted and then AFT automatically found my LG G3. Transfer to my SD card is working fine and fast. Thank for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89