Charging the LG G3 = Long and Painful!

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got my G3 and wondered...does anyone else think it is really hard to put the charger into the device? Maybe I am just use to my S4 being "loose" but it just seems like its really tough connecting the charger...at first I thought I had it going in the wrong side up but I was wrong.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Just got my G3 and wondered...does anyone else think it is really hard to put the charger into the device? Maybe I am just use to my S4 being "loose" but it just seems like its really tough connecting the charger...at first I thought I had it going in the wrong side up but I was wrong.

Yes. It seems to be necessary to mate the two together in a more precise position than other phones I've known and you feel you're doing it wrong and are going to do damage.

Posted via Android Central App

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Fyi,I find that my little portable lipstick shaped charger is faster than plug in to dc,and I find that odd but convenient.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Fyi,I find that my little portable lipstick shaped charger is faster than plug in to dc,and I find that odd but convenient.

Is this the sort that takes an AA cell, or do you have to mains charge the charger first? When using it to charge the phone, does the latter get hot?

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Is this the sort that takes an AA cell, or do you have to mains charge the charger first? When using it to charge the phone, does the latter get hot?

It plugs into dc or car and sometimes the charger gets hotter than other times,but not too bad.

thunder18

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes. It seems to be necessary to mate the two together in a more precise position than other phones I've known and you feel you're doing it wrong and are going to do damage.

To add to that, I have found that with the phone facing up, angling the microUSB connector at a slight downward angle allows the plug to slide in more easily.

mcwuppy

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I feel the same way. It's a bit hard to fit the micro usb plug into the slot but then again, I am also coming from a G Note 2 and maybe I just got used to the plug being really loose.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And BTW the phone has to charge normal while using it not draining or remaining the same!

All phones will charge slower when using them... The screen drains power and especially if using data heavy apps. My Note 3 will charge super fast... But if I plug in.. Turn tether on for coworker.. Stream video (all on LTE) it doesn't go anywhere near as fast.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
LG chargers are questionable IMO from personal experience.

My first N4 charger worked a month then started charging 10% per hour. They didn't have policy for replacement charger set up so to get a new charger they sent a new phone lol. worked out well because I had an issue with mic jack that was resolved with replacement.

But last two phones chargers have been good and fast... 1.5 hours.

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
IS it ok to use an older car charger if it fits? I dont wanna mess up my new phone but I have had the same sprint android charger for years and dont wanna buy a new one if I dont have to,

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
If 1.8 doesn't charge and 2.4 does than yes!

Fast and awesome explanation: either your CHARGER is DEFECTIVE or you have a bad CABLE. You are charging at the SAFETY rate compatible with PC USB, and there may be a SLOW CHARGING warning in your notification bar.

TEST charger with a DIFFERENT CABLE, and try to get the store to REPLACE the bad part.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same way. It's a bit hard to fit the micro usb plug into the slot but then again, I am also coming from a G Note 2 and maybe I just got used to the plug being really loose.

My ancient Echo can still be picked up and swung around by the cable when charging.

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I thought the same thing, i'm glad I wasn't the only one. It was really tough to simply plug in the USB cable into the phone. It took a few times to figure out, like another person said on here, you need to angle the plug down when plugging it into the phone. Goes in without a hitch.

I also noticed that the charger makes buzzing sound when charging. It's on and off but when it's buzzing you can really hear it. Anyone else have a buzzing charger?

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Fast and awesome explanation: either your CHARGER is DEFECTIVE or you have a bad CABLE. You are charging at the SAFETY rate compatible with PC USB, and there may be a SLOW CHARGING warning in your notification bar.

TEST charger with a DIFFERENT CABLE, and try to get the store to REPLACE the bad part.

That would be a good idea but I am not getting a slow charging notification so...

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
That would be a good idea but I am not getting a slow charging notification so...

Hm. But you are charging very slowly, right? If the extra amperage was making the difference your battery should drain very fast when off the mains, and your phone should be warm or even hot.

In the absence of those two things not being mentioned, I am led to believe you have a defective cable or charger. Just like laptop adapters, either they die in a week or they will last for years.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87