Gallery SD card performance

mikea3000

May 18, 2010
Visit site
HI,

Just upgraded from a S5 to the g3. took out my 32 gb sandisk, class 10 extreme sd card. In the s5 pics in the gallery load quickly. in the g3 it takes a few seconds to open up pics and to delete them. I already tried backing up my pics and formatting the card and then copied them back. Any ideas?

Thanks

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a 64 GB class 10 and the photos load up instantly like they did on all the other phones. Is it every time you open the gallery?

Posted via Android Central App

mikea3000

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if it could because my camera folder have over 1600 pics in it. I noticed that in folders with less pics, they load and delete faster

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
No issues with my 64gb C10 either coming from an S3. Try seeing if emptying most of your pics solves your issue. If not, then it might possible be a problem with your device.

mikea3000

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Figured it out. I had too many pics in my camera folder from my old phone. I moved all my pics to an "old pics" folder and created a new camera folder. Pics that go into the new camera folder are super fast to navigate, load and don't take forever to delete.

I will say though that the pics that I moved to the "old" folder still take a while to load. So I am guessing there is some kind of limitation as to how many pics you can store per folder.

Thanks