Pondering the G3 on Verizon: how quick (and how long) may I expect OS updates?

calcite

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
This would be my first LG phone. I love the reviews. I plan on keeping the phone a full two years, and would love not to fall too far behind in Android version.

How does LG stack up against other phone makers on Verizon? I would love to get OS updates reasonably soon after release, and I would like the updates to continue for most of the life of the phone.

How is LG's track record compared to Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc.?

Thanks.

calcite

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Updates come from the carriers, not the manufacturers.
As a comparison, Sprint's G2 came on on Nov 8th and KitKat was released by them on March 31st.

Android L Release & Rumor Breakdown

Mav. :cool:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I thought OS updates to a particular phone involved a three step process: 1) Google finishes; 2) manufacturer ports to their phone; then 3) the carrier adds their bloatware.

I know that the manufacturers can do no better than what the carriers allow, but are you saying that there is no difference between the OS update patterns of Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, etc., on Verizon? Does that mean that the Motorola update "guarantee" is meaningless except for unlocked phones?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It varies. I think their note3 was the first to get the KK upgrade but some of their other lines were the last. It varies.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non