G2 Ringtones

Jerry Keeling

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the G2 and only got rid of it when KitKat hit it and several features stopped working (loved the phone before that). I got the G3 and am also dazzled by its design. However, I really liked some of the ringtones and notifications the G2 had. How do I get those for the G3? I went to Google and downloaded the G2 ringtones app but can't seem to assign them or get them integrated into the G3 ringtone database. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Copy the files into the ringtones folder and you should be able to see them in settings.

I had the G2 and only got rid of it when KitKat hit it and several features stopped working (loved the phone before that). I got the G3 and am also dazzled by its design. However, I really liked some of the ringtones and notifications the G2 had. How do I get those for the G3? I went to Google and downloaded the G2 ringtones app but can't seem to assign them or get them integrated into the G3 ringtone database. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I looked in the Play store and found LG G2 Ringtones by Viddic. Is that the app you got? If so, it looks like you assign them through the app itself. There's a three dot menu button beside each ringtone in the list. Doesn't that give you the option to assign the file as a ringtone?

Jerry Keeling

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I could assign through the app but it is very limited - ringtone, notification or alarm. I would like to download them to the phone then move into the ringtones folder. How do I get the ringtones out of this app to download?

Thanks again

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Open File Manager and see if the app created a folder with the audio files. If they are there, you can move them to the ringtone or notification folder with the file manager. I use Zedge for getting all my ringtones and notification tones, they download directly to the phones storage.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks
. You can go to the play store, download Zedge, and in search options lg g2 ringtones. From there download and they will go directly to the ringtone section of the g3. From there assign them as you wish